Police check combined with an accident

joepattaya1961

Today I witnessed I police check, well actually I drove into it, but was able to escape to a wood-shop just before I was directed to a Soi where it would cost me a small amount but a lot of time again. 

The guy at the shop told me that I had to wait one hour, because around Noon they'll have to lunch!!

While checking out the furniture at the shop an accident happened: a truck braked pretty suddenly and a motorbike drove into the back, leaving the back-fender slightly scratched and the rider on the tarmac. 

Since I had to wait an hour I checked out the accident site and sat down in the shadow, checking out the activities around the women who was in severe pain.

Although there were approx. 15 policemen and police-volonteers nearby, they called for a Pattaya Boy in Brown to show up. He assessed the situation and called for an ambulance which showed up after a whopping 20 minutes!!!

The first ambulance broke down (overheated) and a 2nd ambulance had to arrive at the scene and after 10 minutes of some EMS handycraft the lady was moved into an ambulance. 

In the meantime, the high way police was very busy with moving pilons around and they really managed to create a traffic chaos .

I decided to enjoy some lunch in a nearby restaurant and by the time I was finished, the pilons were collected and the (most farang) high way police volonteers moved back under their rocks. 

The moral of my post.......there's none!

It's just that the weekly policde check in front of the high-way police station @Sukhumvit 73 has moved to Sukhumvit 87......

2 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

... but was able to escape to a wood-shop just before I was directed to a Soi where it would cost me a small amount but a lot of time again ...

Why? You have a license and a current tax sticker? Since it was before noon, can we safely assume you were sober?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Why? You have a license and a current tax sticker? Since it was before noon, can we safely assume you were sober?

There is always something wrong. Maybe he didn't have his light on or didnt use his turn signal 3km before the checkpoint. 

7 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

Yes absolutely no reason to fear these check points unless as mentioned already, you're drunk or registration is not current.  The OP must be new to thailand.

The OP is living in Thailand since 2003 and has encountered numerous police checks. 

License, tax, insurance, technical state of MB, fuel tank filled up, tyre pressure sufficient, I don't drink, I'm wearing a helmet, but there's always freakin' something. 

It's either that they can't read my license-plate if they are in front of my bike or that they think that one of the tyres is suddenly rectangle. 

It's what poster JerryinTh stated: They'll always find something. 

The worst of those checks are the farang volonteers; acting as if they're some cheap duplicates of failed parking-police in their home-country. 

So Marinediscoking, before jumping into conlusions....enjoy your nights out 

2 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

The worst of those checks are the farang volonteers; acting as if they're some cheap duplicates of failed parking-police in their home-country. 

The farang volunteers' intervention has saved many lives where culture/language was really the cause of the problem. If you can't speak Thai and/or don't have a life line, they're your only friend. Respect.

5 hours ago, stravers said:

The farang volunteers' intervention has saved many lives where culture/language was really the cause of the problem. If you can't speak Thai and/or don't have a life line, they're your only friend. Respect.

Had cause to go to Soi 9 once with a tale of woe about a skim scam.Actually i only wanted form for review of the atm camera.Volunteer asked if he could help,i thought he'd go get the form.No,still waiting.Finally my new mate takes me over and sits with me and starts talking to the cop in English,which was not his 1st language.Hang on a minute mate,can you speak Thai,no.Ok mate,i'll handle it from here,in Thai.He didn't hang around long.Now my new police mate tells me they have a skim scammer out the back.I showed him a copy of photo i got of TVF.That's him my new friend says.Can i visit him for 5 minutes,please.Who said soi 9 were bent,love nor money couldn't get me in the back cells.We had a good laugh though and were very helpful when i had to get copy of banks atm cd.Gave me the cd to go and make some copies.

8 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

The OP is living in Thailand since 2003 and has encountered numerous police checks. 

License, tax, insurance, technical state of MB, fuel tank filled up, tyre pressure sufficient, I don't drink, I'm wearing a helmet, but there's always freakin' something. 

It's either that they can't read my license-plate if they are in front of my bike or that they think that one of the tyres is suddenly rectangle. 

Farang volunteers ? I don't even open my window until someone with a real life come to talk to me.

13 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Pull out you phone and start taking  video.  Fearless leader and national chief of police say it is perfctly OK to film your incident.  

I drove by that checkpoint the other day.  Mainly scooters were being pulled over and there must have been over 50.  Maybe 30 police.  They've got kind of a hidden place that hard to see what's going on from the road.  Basically an ATM machine for the Pattaya police.