There's a rat at government house - literally!

snoop1130

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/30/2017 at 6:43 AM, Philthyphil said:

Food hygiene in Thailand gets about a 1 out of ten.

The way they use food handling gloves, touching the moneywith them still on etc makes me honestly believe they think the gloves are to keep their hands clean, not the food. 

The grime and filth in an average shop house "Daam Sang" style restaurant astonishes me. Dirty walls, usually a filthy old paint bucket on the floor used for slops etc, quite often dead cockroaches on the floor, a filthy old rag they use to wipe the cutting board on which they chop vegetables, raw and cooked meats of various animals etc etc, no soap n the bathrooms, no hand washing facilities, filthy plastic chairs that never get cleaned etc etc

Even the cleaner restaurants worry me as I have seen the markets where they source their food. 

Funny thing though, I never get sick from eating food in Thailand. 

Like others have commented from all my time spent in Thailand only ever been down with food poisoning  once and it wasn't good !!! Both ends at the same time ! Traced it back to a dodgy pork dish  in Soi 7/1 in Sukumvit . Back home I've been down with food poisoning a few times . This  food hygiene standards are terrible generally but maybe it's all to sterile back home ?? no excuse though for this story !  

Edited by Nigeone

I enjoy eating in Thaland,  I only got sick once when a food server dropped chicken into a tray that had grease in it then still

put it into my sandwich, they guy next to me told me about it only after I had bitten into the sandwich a couple of times.

I got stomach worms and had to take pills to kill them off, after I had returned to Canada, and had lost 10 pounds from

the worms.  Most of the time I try to eat in clean looking places that make an effort to keep clean.

So far lucky.

Geezer

Personally I've long believed, on no real evidence I can point to, that the chillis in Thai-food kill nasty bacteria ? :wink:

So it's nice to know that the Government-House rats are eating  healthy-food !  :biggrin: