A Wetter Songkran Than Usual??

JustNo

I cannot recall having a month of March this cool in the 8 years of living in Thailand, and the next week ahead seems to be wet! This surely is unheard of, and maybe, just maybe, Songkran will be with similar weather. I personally would prefer that, call me a grinch all you want but we need the rain first and foremost, and secondly yeah I am grinch! >:) 

Screen Shot 2560-03-31 at 11.42.45 AM.png

29 minutes ago, Seligne2 said:

Climate change perhaps?

Maybe, possibly.. It was also a fairly cold December and January if I remember correctly, maybe Thais have been saying who the weather is out of sync in the past year too. 

3 hours ago, johng said:

A few years ago it was full swing last day of Songkran in Pattaya (19th) about 6pm it rained heavily and everyone went indoors to stop getting wet ! :blink::unsure:

Defeats the purpose. I am daily doing a rain dance to draw the Gods attention to Songkran. They in turn promised it would be the wettest in history. 

4 hours ago, JustNo said:

Maybe, possibly.. It was also a fairly cold December and January if I remember correctly, maybe Thais have been saying who the weather is out of sync in the past year too. 

Fairly cold? At least here in western BKK we had no winter at all, temperatures had never gone below 20C, that's quiet unusual. No long-term forecasts for Songkran..

27 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Off the topic a little how is Sonoran in Chiang Rai??

So is this your first Sonoran?

Generally for several weeks before and after, as well as during Songkran, outbreaks of  farang whining reach a point where it can cause permanent ear damage to those nearby. The danger  really depends on the number and proximity of farang to where you happen to be.

One way to protect yourself and those you love from farang aural assault is:

ear.jpg.d88d3ca3222c5aca3d342c2e8072c51f.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

8 hours ago, JustNo said:

I cannot recall having a month of March this cool in the 8 years of living in Thailand, and the next week ahead seems to be wet! This surely is unheard of, and maybe, just maybe, Songkran will be with similar weather. I personally would prefer that, call me a grinch all you want but we need the rain first and foremost, and secondly yeah I am grinch! >:) 

Come to Chiang Mai. Hot and early. Didn't even have a proper 'winter'.

It's mother earth and has nothing to do with Al Goring. 

Stiil we have delicious strawberries over here unless the warm winter.

11 hours ago, hugocnx said:

Come to Chiang Mai. Hot and early. Didn't even have a proper 'winter'.

It's mother earth and has nothing to do with Al Goring. 

Stiil we have delicious strawberries over here unless the warm winter.

Well it is a fact that the Earth is changing but what is u in the air is why. It's obvious that the planet goes through cycles due to many many factors ranging from the moon, solar weather, convectional currents within magma, our place in the solar system to even some scientists concluding that there are even seasons for us rotating around in our galaxy! Quite like how we have 4 seasons when revolving around our sun equalling 1 year, the time we revolve within our galaxy also may effect our planet. 

Anyway, it seems the weather reports were correct for a change, woke up today with heavy rain and it is as black as night almost, reminds me of home! 

So the consensus is that the 'cool' season was not so cool but rather hot, and looking at todays weather and the week ahead, you would think it is the start of monsoon! Could it be that things have shifted a little and so the hot season is coming to an end now instead of in 2 months time? 

Screen Shot 2560-04-01 at 8.14.52 AM.png