TOT Fiber slow ?

alphason

My TOT fibre has been very slow since yesterday.

It has performed well over the last 2 years or so I've had it, normal browsing is great, torrents download fast but usually max out at around 2.5

Since yesterday it been very slow, noticable even with general browsing, speed test shows 2.18 down 3.48up within Thailand (https://speedtest.thaiware.com/ ) - my package is 20/10

Reported it to TOT, but just checking if anyone else has noticed?

I noticed my TOT connection was very slow this morning as well. Slow to the point that some pages wouldn't load completely. Even DNS lookups were very slow. Mine is standard TOT over copper, not fiber, so I think the problem was with the TOT gateways, servers and/or backbone lines. My DTAC connection, on the other hand, was fine. Of course, it didn't help that PEA cut the power in much of Patong for most of the day.

Seems much better this evening. 

Thanks,

Its a bit better now, but seems to come in waves with torrents reaching the peak speed for a short time then dropping right down then speeding back up again.

Speed test vary wildly, but average around 2-3Mbps down and up, normally I would get readings around the published speeds for Thai servers