Dog Eats Neighbour's Shoe

UKJASE

Our stupid dog has gone next door and stolen and chewed up one of our neighbour's shoes.  Nprmally, with a flip flop, this would not be too much of a problem, but the shoes he has eaten are red Asics Gel Keyano 21, brought in from Australia, and costings around 7000 baht at normal retail.  Does anyone know where i can find a pair of these, at hopefully a lower price?  I have looked on Lazada and they dont have the exact ones on there.  The shoes are abouts in thailand, i am just having trouble finding them.  Any recommendations on websites / places i could try?

Plus a big stick for the dog :post-4641-1156693976:

Here is a photo of the shoe (the uneaten one)

Fraser_shoe.jpg

Put it on one of the Thai forums as a request for help. That you are looking for these shoes and the person who helps you find it will get a small reward. You will have it in no time. Then buy him/her lunch or whatever. 

Or go to one of the biggest sport stores in the mall and tell them this is the model you are looking for, ask them to order it for you. They can either call BKK and have it shipped or figure out something. 

Then get your dog some new treat, he is clearly not satisfied with the current one. 

And on a side note who the hell would pay 7000 thb for these ugly a$$ shoes?? If I were you I would tell the neighbor, look my dog ate your shoes coz he doesn't want you to ridicule yourself any longer by wearing this joke. So I am gonna get you something better instead. Like a cool pair of Nike or something stylish and presentable. 

2 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

Is the dog okay?

the dog is good thanks mate.... he is still a pup hence his running amok, eating shoes type behaviour.  he has had the snip recently, so hopefully will start to calm down :)

Thanks for the tips above - i am in hua hin, so ideally, rather than travel to bangkok i would order online (although i will travel to bangkok if i can find the shoes, and at a good price)

does anyone know any reliable sports websites where i might find the shoes, and save some cash too if possible?

Thanks again for suggestions

not good that your dog is allowed to roam into the neighbours property,  it's a relief that he's only a pup and not aggressive.

I'm just saying that people in Thailand have been in the spotlight recently for not keeping their dogs in their own property and therefore letting them to roam outside.

hope you get your shoes and learn a lesson.  Its not the dogs fault.

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

not good that your dog is allowed to roam into the neighbours property,  it's a relief that he's only a pup and not aggressive.

I'm just saying that people in Thailand have been in the spotlight recently for not keeping their dogs in their own property and therefore letting them to roam outside.

we all live around a lake, and the way the houses are set out means there are areas of no fencing between the houses, adjacent to the lake.  this allows dogs and people (and the big monitor lizard in the lake) to roam freely).

We are doing our best to train the dog though, honest

If you didn't buy the dog and don't have a receipt, the question arises are you the legal owner?

If no ownership documentation, deny legal liability.

The Soi dog wandered in and adopted you, not the other way around.

If you are the legal owner of the dog you owe him the used value, not retail.  Offer a cash settlement based on the actual cash value.

What are shoes that are dirty and smelly worth?  Not much.

That would be the legal liability sum.

Let him do the shopping.

The neighbor probably doesn't like you anyway!  555

The neighbour is my friend, so i want to buy him his shoe back, as the dog is my responsibilty.  I just need to know a good website where i can buy them cheap, or a decent shop in bangkok that will have them........  any trainer buffs out there have any ideas?

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

It's a bloody PUPPY not a rotwieller

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

6500 in the Asics store, my wife just bought these today...

Curious Asics store where? I need a large size and remember going to a few different shops before finding a fitting pair at Central Chidlom. Wouldn't mind trekking over to a well-stocked Asics outlet though.

21 minutes ago, The Dancer said:

Curious Asics store where? I need a large size and remember going to a few different shops before finding a fitting pair at Central Chidlom. Wouldn't mind trekking over to a well-stocked Asics outlet though.

Central Westgate ground floor, near Adidas, Nike, Reebok, NB....they are all together there..

My wife bought these but with 30% discount...they are not exactly the same though...i don't know the difference but the ones on the pic cost 6500 and no discount. She got some the same but with discount (old model or so).

They have plenty sizes but i didn't look untill what size they go.

You can also go to impact muang thong and next to the halls there are many outlets from those big brands...nike has size 13 and a lot cheaper than the malls...2-3000 baht for topmodels like nike air.

You just have to walk around there, there are many outlets, they might even have asics, i didn't see those but i didn't look too well...they are all together there right next to the parkinglot from Impact..you can also go there from out of Impact over a walkingbridge..reebok, lacoste, adidas, nike have official outlets but there are more brands...also supersports has an outlet there.

Edited by fruitman

I just bought a pair of NB 623 size 47 for 26 USD on Amazon...they will be waiting for me next time I am in the US.  Shoes here are like cigars, Levis, and wine....a huge tax ripoff.  Saying size 47 does get the mall touts to go back to their cages quickly, though.  

6 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

If it only chewed one shoe demand the dog gets t'other or give the bloke 3500B.

That's a good idea, or he could ask the bloke to have his foot chopped off, the same foot as the trainer the dog chewed obviously.