88 RADIO NEWS (NON-THAI ID CARD)

Does anyone heard about the new rules? Need to get confirmation from the government in regards to the 88 radio news yesterday.

The news stated that anyone who hold the Non-Immigrant Visa must have the Non-Thai ID Card or known as Pink ID Card. When they entered the immigration check-points (airports/borders), you must show your passport, Non-Thai ID Card and work permit if you have before the immigration officer will stamp your passport. The government encourage everyone to get the Non-Thai ID Card include the foreign workers (Laos/Myanmar/Cambodia). It is a new rules.

Can anyone verify the news?

Edited by macgver

Just now, ubonjoe said:

It sounds like an unfounded rumor to me. Not sure how reliable a source a radio station would be.

I heard the radio news 88 (English Channel Bangkok) around 8pm yesterday. So need verify the statement is true or not. 

I consider it a rumor. There is no way they could expect everybody to have the ID card. It requires a yellow house book to get one and most people cannot get one. Same for the work permit requirement since not everybody is working here.

Perhaps confusion since I see you have edited your post to include migrant workers who must get the ID card anyway and the requirements are not same as those for others to get one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I consider it a rumor. There is no way they could expect everybody to have the ID card. It requires a yellow house book to get one and most people cannot get one. Same for the work permit requirement since not everybody is working here.

Perhaps confusion since I see you have edited your post to include migrant workers who must get the ID card anyway and the requirements are not same as those for others to get one.

The funny part, the government keep changing the rules and policies, as well make it effective within the next day. There don't have a firm rules and policies. Better check with the immigration or anyone work in the government. At least we will know whether it is true or not.  

3 hours ago, macgver said:

The news stated that anyone who hold the Non-Immigrant Visa must have the Non-Thai ID Card or known as Pink ID Card. When they entered the immigration check-points (airports/borders), you must show your passport, Non-Thai ID Card ...

Well, I wonder how that would work for people entering for the first time on a multiple entry Non O visa. Presumably, there is now a procedure for getting the pink id cards outside Thailand prior to travel. Strange there has been no official announcements about all this!

The chances are 99% this is a totally bogus message from a dubious radio news program, and you will never hear anything more about it; 1% there will be announcements in due course stating that this will become a requirements after a specified date, probably only for those on extensions of stay.