Value of rubber trees

maxtwo

I have a nice plot of land a basic oblong with a piece owned by local cutting into mine.It has about 100 rubber trees on it.Before it was planted we had view of our lake now just trees which he cut for first time this year.I didn't used to be their much so didn't bother.But owner turned up last week so sent wife to talk to him about buying the land to remove them.Reply was make offer per tree don't mind paying over the odds but don't no where to start I thought 4000 per tree so around 400,000 the lot but start with offer of 250,000

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

This bloke is having you on. $4000 a tree, I wouldn't pay 40 much less 400. What age are these trees, how big is the piece of land encroaching on yours? I might pay 250000 for the land itself if it were big enough and provided it had a full chanote.

No the bloke hasn't asked 4000 Iam wanting to buy the land but for value he has come up with per tree so I like you thought 250,000 for land and a bit for each tree like 350 to 450 taking me closer to 300,000 and 100,000 if he played really hard as the view of the lake was stunning.So I don't think my thinking is too far of if he has full chanote.

Since it will be a one time purchase, I'd likely pretty much give him what he wants. Not really a stupid price but the satisfaction of getting your view back is worth paying a premium. I'd make a reasonable offer and hope that his greed will bring him to realize that he is making basically nothing from the property. Just take your time.

Kinda hard to say it isnt a stupid price if he hasnt said the land size he is paying for. And what happens to your view you paid for when someone blocks it with more trees or something else. The owner knows the trees are worthless or he would have a price for the land already, just trying to see how much the falang is foolish enough to give him.

Archived