How much time on passport required for retirement (OA) visa?

2 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Thus, 'Visa' means that the holder is qualified in some way to be in country or to visit the country or to leave and return depending on the type of visa.
The OP in this case decided to call it a Retirement Visa (OA) extension the OA was the only confusion it needn't be mentioned in the same breath as retirement, although the criteria seem to be the same! He then asked if he would be given a one year visa, that works.
The only way to see if this terminology would always work is to try it; In this topic the OP is staying in country on a Retirement visa extension, and he wants the visa extension renewed. Often the problem is not one of terminology anyway but I feel that this terminology at least removes some ambiguity.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

A Visa is an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave or stay for a specific period of time.

It does not guarantee entry, that is the decision of an IO. Once entry is allowed it is the Immigration laws of the Country that dictate how long you stay.

Move on to the OP's post #51.

I see a Non Imm O Visa issued by local Immigration as part of a conversion to an extension.

It allows no entries, only allowing the OP to stay in order to meet the financial requirements set to obtain an extension based on retirement, which is also clearly shown.

Doing a conversion tells me two things;

1. The OP did not enter Thailand on a Non Immigrant Visa,

2. The OP converted probaly from either a Visa exempt entry or a Tourist Visa.

From the dates of issue (same date) I'd guess he used an agent to do the conversion in one visit.

Where is the O-A Visa the OP insists he held.

Where does it state 'Retirement Visa' on either stamp.

I see only 'Non Imm O Visa' and 'Extension of Stay permit'.

Edited by dentonian

15 minutes ago, dentonian said:

A Visa is an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave or stay for a specific period of time.

It does not guarantee entry, that is the decision of an IO. Once entry is allowed it is the Immigration laws of the Country that dictate how long you stay.

Move on to the OP's post #51.

I see a Non Imm O Visa issued by local Immigration as part of a conversion to an extension.

It allows no entries, only allowing the OP to stay in order to meet the financial requirements set to obtain an extension based on retirement, which is also clearly shown.

Doing a conversion tells me two things;

1. The OP did not enter Thailand on a Non Immigrant Visa,

2. The OP converted probaly from either a Visa exempt entry or a Tourist Visa.

From the dates of issue (same date) I'd guess he used an agent to do the conversion in one visit.

Where is the O-A Visa the OP insists he held.

Where does it state 'Retirement Visa' on either stamp.

I see only 'Non Imm O Visa' and 'Extension of Stay permit'.

Please point out where I insisted  I had an OA visa. I mistakenly said in my header that I had an OA visa instead of an O, but I'd hardly call that insisting. This thread has run it's course as far as I'm concerned. As I pointed out earlier my question was answered, so mod please close this thread.

3 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Your mistaken on a number of accounts.

You obviously don't even believe what's written on your stamps.

and you were mistaken in stating that I insisted I had an O-A visa. So sod off, you're just being painful.