Dentures in Bangkok?

glen

Hi, Im 74 years old and recently have seen two dentists in Australia who confirm I need all my teeth removed. This would involve 13 surgical removals and 11 extractions. They advise me to get a mould made before to prepare immediate dentures that can be put in place after the operation.  I have a disc with the 3D images..

Ive lived in Bangkok for 10 years, can speak reasonable Thai.  Been too MANY Thai dentists.

Im contacting various dental clinics now for quotes, and when Im back after Songkran, Ill also contact my hospital (Vichayut)

Oz dentists must be the most expensive in the world. Theyve quoted me $6000 for teeth extraction, and another 2-3 for dentures, not including hospital!!

Suggestions please - thanks, Glen

Many good dentists in Bangkok who have expats as regular patients.

I use to go to one along Asoke rd, on the right hand side heading towards the klong.

Then I went to another out at Suttisan .... as I relocated near there.

Most are good and up to international standards, and some better than Australia.

Just go and get a quote at two or three and go from there.

I have a friend who lost all his teeth due to cancer in his mouth and jaw.  Radiation was used to successfully treat the cancer but the radiation also caused significant deterioration of the jaw bone and implants were not possible.  It has also been difficult to install any kind of anchoring posts for proper denture adherence.

His local oral surgeon has stuck with him and done an amazing job for over three years now, over a number of surgeries, finally succeeding in creating useful dentures. 

The Doctor is Thai and is affiliated with Bumrungrad Hospital and is in very high demand but if you decide to have work done in Thailand, then PM me and I will send you this Doctor's contact details. 

My friend asked me not to post his name publicly. 

Archived