Best Daily Gains Ever On Set?

jumnien

I would hardly call a 10% recovery of a previous days 14% loss much of a gain.

For you it might not be, but for those of us owning Thai stocks we were as happy today with a 10.6% gain as we would have been any other day. In fact, happier, as many of us expected the downward trend may continue. As for the OP, any statistics on best day ever?

Edited by mdeland

I'm not going to dignify this topic with a response !!! :o

I guess that's a "Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. Have a good day!"

Probably, anyone that did know the answer is a bit busy now, it's been quite a wild two days for traders!

I guess that's a "Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. Have a good day!"

Probably, anyone that did know the answer is a bit busy now, it's been quite a wild two days for traders!

Why are you so happy?

The set crashed 15% on tuesday and regained 10% Wednesday...its still 5% down in 2 days.

I think its going to be a steady decline, institutional buyers are spooked makmak and will not be buying back in untill stability returns.

Local investers bought in today thinking they got a bargain. Mainly banks and oil Coys, thats the only thing that drove the SET back up today. As soo as they realise foreign investors are not buying in...they will sell.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6122000114.html

This is a good link to read about the damage that has been done.

Why are you so happy?

The set crashed 15% on tuesday and regained 10% Wednesday...its still 5% down in 2 days.

I think its going to be a steady decline, institutional buyers are spooked makmak and will not be buying back in untill stability returns.

Local investers bought in today thinking they got a bargain. Mainly banks and oil Coys, thats the only thing that drove the SET back up today. As soo as they realise foreign investors are not buying in...they will sell.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6122000114.html

This is a good link to read about the damage that has been done.

What in my OP implies that I was "happy" in some way I'm not supposed to be. I am just asking a statistical question. Why would we not say that Tuesday's losses were the worst in 16 years just because the market rebounded the next day? One-day gain-loss records are just that - one day!

Just heard on Bloomberg network that it was the biggest one-day gain for the SET since Feb 2, 1998! They didn't say what the percentage gain was that day. Heard the dollar is up 2% against the baht. There's a lot of happy pensioners out there for sure!

An overnight 10% gain on investments if you brought before the market closed yesterday.

Some people can't see that? Maybe you might want to consider putting your money into ventures you understand.

Better call Bloomberg and CNN and correct them too, Mr. Wizard. They're quoting the same figures I am for the day. "Thai Stocks Bounce Back 11%"

AIS up 16%, Ital-Thai Development up 25%, etc.; there are some newsworthy daily numbers out there that people in the stock market care about. I don't claim in this thread to be talking about anything but today's activity which was pretty spectacular especially as some of us were half-expecting another fall. Today's market turnaround coupled with the desired effect on currency rates has most of us farangs quite content.