Army conscript killed for waking up late, says grieving mother

webfact

19 minutes ago, DipStick said:

whether I am reading this story correctly or others are jumping in prematurely. FACT this young lad slept in and was absent from the morning parade, which does not show a self disciplined young man. PROBABILITY he like the rest of the conscripts were housed in billets, and I would think it not unusual that there were likely 15-20 in that billet, if so, an earlier comment about an alarm clock is totally irrelevant, so it would appear he was charged with over sleeping and failure to attend a compulsory parade, in which it seems as if he received a period of detention.

now the story takes a twist and I quote.

“My son was imprisoned on March 27, and then I met him again in the hospital on March 31 [Friday]. I really don’t know what happened and I can’t imagine what they did to my son during that time. I want justice for my son and I will not cremate his body until the case is concluded.

The he report then goes on to mention that this young lad was having issues with the local youngsters, but it doesn't mention whether he was Imprisoned in a military establishment or civilian, and that's where it gets complicated. It reads he had issues with civilians who may have carried out the crime, and then the responsibility  must lay with the Prison wardens and not the military as most on here are blamiing. And yes I am proudly an ex serviceman 

Good points and well stated but the original post on this states clearly that it was military custody.  Why else would the general cop for this.  A short quote is as follows:

"SURAT THANI: -- The Army Commander-in-Chief on Monday apologised to Thais and expressed regret to the family of a conscript who died in hospital following his fatal torture at a military base in Surat Thani province.

General Chalermchai Sitthisa-ard also vowed to bring all those responsible to justice, saying the army is conducting an investigation into the death of Yuthinan Boonniam who died after he was put into military detention as a punishment."

Edited by losername
grammar

Reminds me of the Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) where atrocities have happened between students without the big brass's knowledge.

Like at ADFA I am glad this is now in the open so action can be taken.