Empty shelves at Tesco Lotus in Bangkok?

Silurian

For the past few weeks, I have noticed that Tesco Lotus at Rama 3 seems to have more and more empty places on their shelves. They also have less variety than in the past. It almost seems that they are having distributor issues or are switching up inventory. Has anyone else noticed the lack of inventory or lack of variety at Tesco Lotus?

The last time I saw this happen was during the flood.

Not noticed this in my local Tesco's, but dont buy much there anyway,

a couple of things I like  Tesco tea bags, 90 THB for box 80,round bags

so probable packed by Tetley ,it's a nice cup of tea,and not stupid price

of other brands sold here, also Tesco Snappy Fingers, their version of

a KitKat, but better, more like the size of KitKats used to be,and as made 

in UK,better taste than KitKats available here.

regards worgeordie

47 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Not noticed this in my local Tesco's, but dont buy much there anyway,

a couple of things I like  Tesco tea bags, 90 THB for box 80,round bags

so probable packed by Tetley ,it's a nice cup of tea,and not stupid price

of other brands sold here, also Tesco Snappy Fingers, their version of

a KitKat, but better, more like the size of KitKats used to be,and as made 

in UK,better taste than KitKats available here.

regards worgeordie

I tried to buy some of the tea bags you mention from my local Tesco's in Chiang Mai about a week ago, but the cupboard was bare.

I hope they do re-stock because, as you say they aren't bad value and a decent cuppa.

43 minutes ago, david555 said:

i noticed that for canned pineapple , long time not available in Teco Lotus Pattaya

I'm sorry mate, but I just had to comment on this. You live in Thailand and you are buying canned pineapple. I would kill to get some fresh pineapple. Half a fresh pineapple costs me the equivalent of 200 baht here in Japan.

23 minutes ago, bkkgriz said:

I'm sorry mate, but I just had to comment on this. You live in Thailand and you are buying canned pineapple. I would kill to get some fresh pineapple. Half a fresh pineapple costs me the equivalent of 200 baht here in Japan.

I wanted a pineapple for my pineapple and ginger wine 2 days ago , Lotus had them on sale for 30B as a bit old and dried up ( like me ). Came out of Lotus turned left and 10m up the road 2 pineapples for 20B . BARGAIN.

4 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I wanted a pineapple for my pineapple and ginger wine 2 days ago , Lotus had them on sale for 30B as a bit old and dried up ( like me ). Came out of Lotus turned left and 10m up the road 2 pineapples for 20B . BARGAIN.

Damn it, man. Are you just trying to make me angry? I so miss the tropical fruit in Thailand. And the low low prices of course.

I have been noticing it in our local TL for many months now.  Tesco in UK is in big trouble according to news reports.  Sometimes my local shop is out of things for weeks or months.  And the range of stock carried keeps declining.  Makes me wonder if the problems in UK have some repercussions here.  Not sure how or why that would work but it is very noticeable here for the best part of nearly a year.

4 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

Then just move to here ...., I just keep to be a Westerner who like it easy .....not peeling that fresh Pineapple and be bizzy putting all those "eyes" out of it ...like a quick sweet slice for a milkshake or with my ice cream .

Found it only strange in pineapple country no canned ones to find , must be sure a  local factory in Thailand ...?

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Then just move to here ...., I just keep to be a Westerner who like it easy .....not peeling that fresh Pineapple and be bizzy putting all those "eyes" out of it ...like a quick sweet slice for a milkshake or with my ice cream .

Found it only strange in pineapple country no canned ones to find , must be sure a  local factory in Thailand ...?

I don't like peeling or poking the "eyes" of pineapples either.... but then there are people that do that for you everywhere in Thailand.... cheaper than having it canned..... why would anyone in Thailand resort to canned pineapple.... unless what you are really wanting is the heavy syrup that they can it in?    

Canning imparts a taste (IMHO) that is rather unpleasant and given the option I would never buy stuff canned.... and if it is to be preserved I search for bottled (glass) solutions first.

13 hours ago, david555 said:

I lived in Thailand from 2006 to 2014. I had to move to Japan for greener pastures (read: more money). Anyway, I'm just taking the piss. A grown man can eat his pineapple in any form he wants. Cheers.

34 minutes ago, bkkgriz said:

I lived in Thailand from 2006 to 2014. I had to move to Japan for greener pastures (read: more money). Anyway, I'm just taking the piss. A grown man can eat his pineapple in any form he wants. Cheers.

So moved for the money ?....so you can easely afford the expensive Imported fresh pineapple ....:smile: !

BTW . I do same for other Thai fruit except banana .....buy ready made sweet syruped canned Thai fruits ...as an exception I buy the fresh .....if only you know the amounts of chemicals Thai spray for the profit ....:sad:

Archived