Bluetooth USB for car

At the moment I have to run a cable from my iPhone to the USB port in my car (not the one for power, but the one that can receive data / music and  play it through the stereo). I got to thinking that as I can play music via Bluetooth at home via my phone and Bose Bluetooth speaker, then surely there must be a Bluetooth dongle I could stick in my cars usb and play music via Bluetooth without messy cables. I spent two hours today trawling various websites including Amazon and Ebay, but can't find anything with a decent review.

Has anyone bought one if these dongles here that they are happy with? Where and what price.

cheers

Nope. It doesn't work that way. The car audio system will need to have a BT radio natively installed. It won't recognize or enable a USB BT dongle the same way as a computer or laptop does 'cos it's not built the same.

Depends, if you have an Audio out jack then you can purchase a Bluetooth transmitter to send sound to  your blue tooth speakers

You can only use a car USB adapter to charge your devices from the power point (previously know as the cigarette lighter) 

Here is one available at Ali Express:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1954332/search?origin=y&SearchText=bluetooth+transmitter

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

Depends, if you have an Audio out jack then you can purchase a Bluetooth transmitter to send sound to  your blue tooth speakers

You can only use a car USB adapter to charge your devices from the power point (previously know as the cigarette lighter) 

Here is one available at Ali Express:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1954332/search?origin=y&SearchText=bluetooth+transmitter

That's not quite right regarding the USB adaptor. I have two in my car. One from the fag lighter for charging, but the other links direct to the stereo. If I plug my iPhone data cable into this one I can control the music from the steering column. That was why I could go one step further with a Bluetooth dongle plugged into this dedicated stereo port.

the problem with the audio jacks is that you can only control the music from the source, not the steering column.