Affidavit question - which place and date of marriage?

Hi all

Please could somebody tell me how I am meant to answer this question, for an affidavit for the British Embassy in Bangkok.

<My wife's name>, a THAI National at (place of marriage) ??? on (date of marriage) 

Does this refer to the religious ceremony that took place in her village, or the date of the "Consular service:    Oaths affirmations and affidavits" appointment?

I have to print this out tomorrow to take with me to Bankok on Saturday, so I guess this is quite urgent.

Many thanks in anticipation

Vaughan

Just now, Vaughan Green said:

I beg your pardon?

Have I asked something wrong?

Vaughan

You are not wrong.

I'm wrong.

I thought you were already married at the District office but I'm guessing you are not yet?

So the information I wrote were wrong. Just deleted them.

6 hours ago, Vaughan Green said:

<My wife's name>, a THAI National at (place of marriage) ??? on (date of marriage) 

I don't see where is asks that on the template.

On the example shows it is done this way.

A marriage is proposed to be solemnised between me and MALI JAIDEE of HOUSE NO. 59/4, VILLAGE NO. 5, BANG KUNG SUB - DISTRICT, MUANG SURATTHANI DISTRICT, SURATTHANI PROVINCE 84000, THAILAND, a THAI National at BANGKOK METROPOLIS in APRIL 2017.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/information-for-british-nationals-intending-to-marry-in-thailand

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't see where is asks that on the template.

On the example shows it is done this way.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/information-for-british-nationals-intending-to-marry-in-thailand

On the example you posted, Bangkok Metropolis is the place of Marriage. All they are looking for is a province, or city in the case of Bangkok.

To the OP - It does not refer to the religious ceremony or the date of the consular visit; it refers to the location of the government office where you will be registering your marriage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark123456 said:

On the example you posted, Bangkok Metropolis is the place of Marriage. All they are looking for is a province, or city in the case of Bangkok.

To the OP - It does not refer to the religious ceremony or the date of the consular visit; it refers to the location of the government office where you will be registering your marriage.

Many thanks Mark, I will put that on the form.

Sorry all, for the confusion.

Best regards

Vaughan

12 hours ago, alexlm said:

You are not wrong.

I'm wrong.

I thought you were already married at the District office but I'm guessing you are not yet?

So the information I wrote were wrong. Just deleted them.

Ah, OK, thanks then :-)

Vaughan

I don't think you need to be as specific as the Khet/Amphur - I just wrote Chiang Mai on mine, which meant I could have taken it to any amphur in the province. In fact, I think it's a good idea not to name a precise location unless you are 100% sure that there will be no queues and no issues at that particular government office.

Oh, and you don't need to put the date, just the month.

Edited by Mark123456

One last thing @ Vaughan. Don't stress too much - the girl at the embassy was really helpful when I did mine a couple of months ago. If you do make any mistakes with your form, she will tell you what they are and you can use the PC in the waiting area to correct your form (make sure you email yourself a copy before you go or save it in Dropbox or whatever). Then, you email your corrected version to her and she will print it out for you. And don't worry about proof of address either. They ask for it on the website but not at the embassy. I didn't have proof of an address in the UK so I used a Thai address and rental contract as proof of that address. She told me that some amphur offices won't accept the affidavit if you have a Thai address and suggested I use a UK one, even if I had no proof that I lived there. So I did. :) Good luck.