Indian man falls to his death from condominium in Bangkok

webfact

Indian man falls to his death from condominium
By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A 30-year-old Indian man fell to his death while apparently trying to climb into his rented room on the nine-floor of a condominium building in Bangkok after forgetting the room key, police said.

Deepak Jebakuma, 30, fell while trying to climb in from the fire exit window of Zenith Place condominium on Sukhumvit Soi 71/1 in Vadhana district at around 1.30am.

Pol Captain Piyawit Thongdej, deputy inspector of Klongtan Police Station, quoted Bancha Hirannawakul, a security officer of the building, as saying that he heard a loud sound at 1.30am. He came out to check and found Jebakuma lying on the ground seriously injured. He died before rescuers arrived.

Bancha told police that the Indian man and his wife had asked for a spare key to their room at 9.45pm on Thursday night but he had refused to give it to them, and had told them to contact the building manager the following day.

Bancha said the couple and their son left on a motorcycle at 10pm and returned shortly after midnight.

A window of the fire exit stairway on the eighth floor was found open and police believe the man may have tried to climb through the window to reach the balcony of his room and fallen.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30311576

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-07

I doubt the guard has access to the spare keys. When this has happened to me the guard will call the building manager, who will then call the landlord, after agreeing someone has to come in and  open the little office and give you the spare key out of the locked box.  

Moral of the story....don't expect a security guard to lose sleep over a resident who can't get into their own property. 

Go spend the night somewhere else and come back next day to talk to management office....krapom krap. 

"Bancha told police that the Indian man and his wife had asked for a spare key to their room at 9.45pm on Thursday night but he had refused to give it to them, and had told them to contact the building manager the following day."

The security guard should be charged with causing death by failing to show any common sense.  Where did he think that a man, wife and child were going to sleep if they couldn't get into the room.  If the family came back just after midnight, and Deepak fell at 01:30, what was Deepak doing during those 90 minutes, and more importantly, what was the security guard doing!; probably sleeping, like most do at that time.

We haven't had a statement lately about the record number of tourists visiting Thailand.  It seems that quite a few are being killed-off recently, so can't be that many left.

RiP Deepak.

23 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

"Bancha told police that the Indian man and his wife had asked for a spare key to their room at 9.45pm on Thursday night but he had refused to give it to them, and had told them to contact the building manager the following day."

The security guard should be charged with causing death by failing to show any common sense.  Where did he think that a man, wife and child were going to sleep if they couldn't get into the room.  If the family came back just after midnight, and Deepak fell at 01:30, what was Deepak doing during those 90 minutes, and more importantly, what was the security guard doing!; probably sleeping, like most do at that time.

We haven't had a statement lately about the record number of tourists visiting Thailand.  It seems that quite a few are being killed-off recently, so can't be that many left.

RiP Deepak.

Blaming the guard makes no sense, as does climbing walls at 1 am .  
A series of bad decisions resulted in a tragic accident, 

I've lived in many condos in several countries, and have never met a "security guard" who give out keys to private apartments without authorisation.

1 hour ago, tx22cb said:

I've lived in many condos in several countries, and have never met a "security guard" who give out keys to private apartments without authorisation.

Yeah, but then it's not blaming a thai person, so that cant be possible according to Thai Visa, as everything that goes wrong in Thailan is a Thais fault according to so many posters.

5 hours ago, ladada said:

I doubt the guard has access to the spare keys. When this has happened to me the guard will call the building manager, who will then call the landlord, after agreeing someone has to come in and  open the little office and give you the spare key out of the locked box.  

sounds nitnoi complicated but sure the better option than to do the airplane 

When I was a kid, we had a neighbor who would routinely misplace his keys when going out. He'd knock on our door, there would be an awkward pause, and then he'd head for the balcony and move to his own. 7th or 8th floor, building standing on a cliff. Guy wasn't young or very athletic. Never hesitated though.

RIP

Spare keys are in the condo management office but there is usually a 500 baht charge

to have someone from the office access those keys after office hours. I keep a key hidden

in my scooter. And yes I usually need to use it about once a year. RIP Dude. :sad:

3 hours ago, Morch said:

When I was a kid, we had a neighbor who would routinely misplace his keys when going out. He'd knock on our door, there would be an awkward pause, and then he'd head for the balcony and move to his own. 7th or 8th floor, building standing on a cliff. Guy wasn't young or very athletic. Never hesitated though.

RIP

I had a Russian guy do the same at about 1am at my condo. (I was awake watching TV)

8th floor, balcony to balcony. But he was about 28 and athletic. No issues.

14 hours ago, tx22cb said:

I wouldn't expect him to give-out keys.  But I would expect him to contact somebody who will.  If you were in the guard's position, what would you have done?  

I think you have already answered that question above.