Importing Personal Household Effects from Home Country to Thailand

AjarnRichard

I recently received a retirement visa and now I want to transport my household  items to Thailand. (Books, Stereo, clothes, bed, etc.) 

Is there any standard procedure for this, or can I just send my things to Thailand based on my retirement visa?

If you have any experience with this, or potential problems I might experience, please let me know. 

Many Thanks

Richard

PS ......If you want to recommend an honest, Thai-based customs clearing agent for clearing my things when they arrive, that would be good too. 

My former company relocated me, agent on the Thai end was Sante Fe Relocations.   I don't know how much it cost, I suspect they charge companies more than individuals.  Heard a few guys speak well of Asian Tigers. (Asian Tigers-mobility).

Not many bites.  I suspected as much being the overwhelming opinion here is to sell/shed everything, except the most personal of possessions and clothes.  Beds, stereos, etc., available here for the full range of budgets. 

Having said that, I'm happy to have all my/our stuff.  Unloaded the big shipping container and after a bit of organizing, you've got an instant home with all your familiar krap in it. 

Had it not been my company footing the bill though, for the most part, I would of gone the sell/shed route. 

Hopefully somebody chimes in with their shipping experience on a retirement visa.  My story isn't relevant and out of date being 4 1/2 years ago.