Promulgation of new Constitution ‘will boost investor confidence’

rooster59

Promulgation of new Constitution ‘will boost investor confidence’

By The Nation 

f2eb055906f75d6b2378a60c1ee6db2b.jpeg

Thanawat Polvichai, the director of the UTCC’s Economic and Business Forecasting Centre.

The University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) expressed confidence that the new Constitution will improve investor sentiment in the second half of this year. 

Thanawat Polvichai, the director of the UTCC’s Economic and Business Forecasting Centre, said on Friday the centre believed the new Constitution will have a positive impact on the overall economy. 

The UTCC predicted that domestic spending and investment will rise in the second half of this year as a result of political stability. 

He added that the promulgation of the charter shows the country is following the reform road map and a general election will certainly be held, which will further boost the confidence of investors and foreigners. 

The UTCC also expects economic growth this year could expand at 3.6 per cent if the government injected no less than Bt100 billion of the mid-year budget.

He added there was a chance for the overall economy to expand at 4 per cent depending on external factors such as the global economic recovery, higher export volume, and rise in tourism-related spending.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30311733

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-08

"He added there was a chance for the overall economy to expand at 4 per cent depending on external factors such as the global economic recovery, higher export volume, and rise in tourism-related spending."

He ended his forecast by asking that the authorities took into account his upbeat theme when the time came for them to examine the academic staffs tax returns...

Wrong, nobody wishes to deal with a dictator, although you will get the parasites and those without an ounce of principals, that will use up the work force for its low wages and then run when they are ready ........................:coffee1:

PS a New constitution is just that number 20 in a long line of paper 

How can someone have confidence in a piece of paper when it is changed at the wim of the winds 

I m waiting for 21 to come and then 22 and 23

As long as there are individual that usurp the election process there will be new constitutions Written for other reason that the people of Thailand

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

expressed confidence that the new Constitution will improve investor sentiment in the second half of this year.

Not if these investors do a little research and realize that this is Thailand's twentieth constitution since 1932. In other words, on average the country has changed its constitution roughly every 4 years.

Can you guarantee that the newly promulgated constitution will not be thrown out again in 4 years, Mr. Thanawat? I think not.

Whether or not a constitution has been promulgated is absolutely NO indicator for political stability, as you seem to insinuate, Mr. Thanawat; especially not in the case of Thailand.

Edited by Misterwhisper
additions

Just say 5 percent.  It sounds better.  I mean, considering the possible positive implications projected by some countries and banks, it's definitely possible that the winds of change could bring 5-12 percent growth in the short term, and even more in the long term.  I mean, it is possible, even without glasses!

I feel my bonus is getting bigger

Edited by Redline

The director of UTCC effectively said:

Growth could reach 3.6% or even 4% this year if  ?  and if  ?   and  if  ?  and  if  ?   and  if  ?,     providing of course all those  "ifs" work in our favour, but don't blame me if we don't reach that level of growth because I did say "if" and all those "ifs" are outside my control.

Meanwhile, I did spread a bit of optimism and happiness, at least for a few weeks until my forecasts began to unravel.

However...anything said by the government or leaders of agencies or Universities is controlled and ordered by Prajut and the junta and yes they try to announce and get announced how things will change....but also all in conjungtive so while nothing will get realized in the future nobody can say : the promised !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes the whole stories are just lies!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

confidence can really be reduced any further. foreign investment down 80 or 90% year on year. doubt the army can really fool people into thinking anything is really going to change with a smoke and mirrors election.

....which is still somewhere over the rainbow...