Road rules to be strictly enforced

webfact

The only way to achieve this is to put senior police officers on performance related pay, determine achievable goals and set targets, with bonuses that would out way commissions from junior ranks and if they fail to meet targets then pay cuts, demotion and even sackings.  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE "we had to come up with many tighter measures, such as requiring all passengers in the car to wear their seatbelts all the time and forbidding passengers to sit in the back of the [pickup] truck,” Kobchai said."

So his statement say's the Prime minister in his friday broadcast stating due to stringent laws causing hardship they are allowing people to sit in the back of pickup trucks , or is it just another load of bull shit reporting ,

Edited by billy54
correction

11 hours ago, PatOngo said:

How very innovative, it will be interesting to see the body count at the end of carnage week.

Same as usual,....+/- 30 death per day, Songkran or not songkran !!!!

Not sure how you guys see it, but this strictness is getting too much even for me now. There are news just about every month or so strictly enforcing traffic rules, I'm actually not sure how much stricter you can enforce strict enforcement that has been strictly enforced before getting strictly enforced which has been preceded by strict enforcement which was already strictly enforced before that.

At least I can feel more relaxed using my phone while driving, looks like the odds are really slim no matter how I twist and turn the .3%

Strictly enforced. Yes, right. Ok, holidays are here, time to get to work for the next seven days. Reducing death toll to zero... ROFLMAO... come on you nitwits. Stop smoking whatever you're smoking (or drinking), stop coming up with these lofty (and unachievable goals) and get ENFORCE the damned law. 365 days a year. That's all.

·       Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department deputy director-general

·       The Road Safety Directing Centre

·       deputy head of the Traffic Police Division

·       Interior Minister General

That is just a part of the involved authority in this matter of road safety...They have  whatsoever not a clue of what hey are doing.

Seat belts for all passenger in a safe 4 wheel car, but other vehicles during Songkran is acceptable as we cannot take away their joy as this is important for all Thai to celebrate. Maximum 6 people in the back of a pickup, but you have to drive carefully without influence of alcohol and meth.

General question: What is the point of all this BS, the death toll are not higher during Songkran or other festivals. It's a general awareness and daily check points, with huge fines which will solve it.

By the statement the above guys say we will take measures and make the road safer for the public, you need to take a new measure by the root other wise never gonna happen.

I suggest they make another committee (a lot of them) to travel abroad to example Europe to learn, see, report and implement some measures, not too fast but constantly try to improve.

Every year same BS, all holidays they think people are drunk and driving, yeah but that is also the same the other 300 days where there is no holiday....

If all traffic police officers were doing there job proper, there is no need to attract Brexit pensioners. Raise the salary for the honest "serve the Kingdom" officers and get rid of the bad eggs. 2 good officers are better than 10 half good officers.

Edited by Soitis

Maybe what was done in UK may help with road safety.

Planned safety films regularly shown on tv and cinema. Lasting for years instead of a few months.

Incorporating easy to remember sayings, like Clunk click (safety belt) Or don't drink drive, showing pictures of resulting carnage.

Swinging progressive fines for speeding and other dangerous driving.  Also followed on by points on that persons driving licence that will eventually lead up to a driving ban for 1 year minimum. Or prison if serious injuries or deaths are caused. Also the points system being affected by more expensive insurances.

Giving the police some incentive to make sure all fines/incidents are logged into a national data base through documentation. i.e. No cash fines for any offences.

Going back the safety films. If they are done well, a gradual realization of how anti social and immoral dangerous driving behavior is.

In my case I admit it took years before I moderated my bad driving habits.  So get started soon Thailand.

Edited by Slain

10 hours ago, HHTel said:

Unless you were on a motorway, you were speeding.  I would doubt that it was a motorway with a police check point.

Checkpoints, no matter how many, will do nothing to curb traffic offences.  There should be moving patrols on all major routes, preferably in unmarked cars.  Checkpoints can only check paperwork and we all know there's an easy way around that.

Yeah I realise I was speeding not denying but even if I was doing 100 standing on the wrong side of a blind crest and jumping in front of a car to get it to stop is not something I would do.

2 hours ago, outsider said:

Strictly enforced. Yes, right. Ok, holidays are here, time to get to work for the next seven days. Reducing death toll to zero... ROFLMAO... come on you nitwits. Stop smoking whatever you're smoking (or drinking), stop coming up with these lofty (and unachievable goals) and get ENFORCE the damned law. 365 days a year. That's all.

I witnessed enforcement of the law last Songkran.

I and the truck in front were stopped one evening at a checkpoint.

I was breathalysed........negative.

The Thai in the truck couldn't stand on his own feet, let alone do a breathalyser test.

After enforcing the removal of 10,000 baht from his wallet, the officers kindly helped him back into his cab and sent him on his way.

The BIB love Songkran and enforcement of their law.

13 hours ago, 01322521959 said:

Yes yes, enforce the law. Leaf by example. BIB practicing this at the lights when on red yesterday and followed the other bikes through the red.
No change will happen in my lifetime

Sent from my i-mobile_i-STYLE_219 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You are so right I was taught to stop at a red light Here they are taught to go through red lights Just gets back to showing you how much patience Thai drivers really have NONE

6 hours ago, dentonian said:

I witnessed enforcement of the law last Songkran.

I and the truck in front were stopped one evening at a checkpoint.

I was breathalysed........negative.

The Thai in the truck couldn't stand on his own feet, let alone do a breathalyser test.

After enforcing the removal of 10,000 baht from his wallet, the officers kindly helped him back into his cab and sent him on his way.

The BIB love Songkran and enforcement of their law.

Yep you got it Least they helped him back in his cab Corruption is alive and well here

16 hours ago, Slain said:

Maybe what was done in UK may help with road safety.

Planned safety films regularly shown on tv and cinema. Lasting for years instead of a few months.

Incorporating easy to remember sayings, like Clunk click (safety belt) Or don't drink drive, showing pictures of resulting carnage.

Swinging progressive fines for speeding and other dangerous driving.  Also followed on by points on that persons driving licence that will eventually lead up to a driving ban for 1 year minimum. Or prison if serious injuries or deaths are caused. Also the points system being affected by more expensive insurances.

Giving the police some incentive to make sure all fines/incidents are logged into a national data base through documentation. i.e. No cash fines for any offences.

Going back the safety films. If they are done well, a gradual realization of how anti social and immoral dangerous driving behavior is.

In my case I admit it took years before I moderated my bad driving habits.  So get started soon Thailand.

"Giving the police some incentive to make sure all fines/incidents are logged into a national data base through documentation. i.e. No cash fines for any offences."

:cheesy: Problem No 1 - this is not the UK!

Edited by sambum

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 0:58 PM, DILLIGAD said:

How could they possibly enforce that while watching TV by the side of the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to enforce. It does not cause any accidents obviously. ?