Four arrested in fake education degrees scam

webfact

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

In the U.K is that the 11 plus exam? If you get top marks you have a chance of getting a scholarship to a fancy grammer school.

Obviously I didn't and ended up in a comprehensive where I comprehended nothing. Still have some great memories of that school and if I'd gone to grammer school I could be gay now and be shacked up with a man. So there are some downsides of buying a passed with excellence 11 plus certificate.

Obviously I didn't and ended up in a comprehensive where I comprehended nothing.

Yes, that's pretty bladdy obvious.  

Great to learn from what passes for your great mind that all people who go to grammar school are gay and shacked up with men.  Jealous?

In the U.K is that the 11 plus exam? If you get top marks you have a chance of getting a scholarship to a fancy grammer school.

Obviously I didn't and ended up in a comprehensive where I comprehended nothing. Still have some great memories of that school and if I'd gone to grammer school I could be gay now and be shacked up with a man. So there are some downsides of buying a passed with excellence 11 plus certificate.

Folk who could not pass the 11 plus perhaps  had real brain failure....It was just basic stuff..

Even Trans passed it......The assumption that those who did became gay is incredibly daft...

BUT, I assume you are joking...Eh....:smile:

1 minute ago, DILLIGAD said:

My mate got a degree on Gynecology from Khao San Road but I'm not sure if it helped him see the light at the end of the tunnel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet he persevered though....:giggle:

The O-NET exam which children take at the end of their sixth year of Primary Education (P6) is I suppose the rough equivalent of the old 11 plus, the grades attained can have a bearing on which secondary school the child gets into - although parental willingness to "contribute" probably carries more clout. M3 exams  roughly equate to GCSE,, M6 to A level.

Now as for the consequences of passing the II plus which you outline in your second paragraph, well that  is one aspect of a grammar school education which rather passed me by! Personally I think that grammar schools are quite an engine for social mobility. Whilst I didn't exactly live in a cardboard box on the hard shoulder of the M62 ("eeh, you were lucky, sheer luxury...") it certainly gave me a leg up in the world. Well, until I ended up here I suppose - all downhill now....

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Kittiwat told police that he had been in this illegal business for more than two years, attracting between 10 and 20 customers each month.

that means there are probably more than 500 fake degrees on the market......well done!

I guess I won't be "graduating" from Harvard this spring.

I hope the customers get caught and lose their jobs.  

Very many sought after jobs here are awarded on the basis of contacts, who you or more likely your parents know (or pay) rather than actual qualifications and skills.

It's very possible that many of these qualifications were " purchased" to provide evidence to support the award of jobs, as it were. Therefore I rather suspect there will be little in the way of such repercussions.

A degree obtained in Thailand isnt worth hanging in the toilet to wipe your behind.  Good for Thailand but try using it abroad.  My wife couldnt even get a bookkeeping role in Australia with her Thai Masters in Accounting.  Spent 2 years studying and converting to Australian standard.

Very many sought after jobs here are awarded on the basis of contacts, who you or more likely your parents know (or pay) rather than actual qualifications and skills.
It's very possible that many of these qualifications were " purchased" to provide evidence to support the award of jobs, as it were. Therefore I rather suspect there will be little in the way of such repercussions.

Glad you said 'or pay'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, JAG said:

I would change "or pay" to "and pay"........:smile:

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

A degree obtained in Thailand isnt worth hanging in the toilet to wipe your behind.  Good for Thailand but try using it abroad.  My wife couldnt even get a bookkeeping role in Australia with her Thai Masters in Accounting.  Spent 2 years studying and converting to Australian standard.

If your wife had graduated from an Internationally accredited University 

in Thailand she would have already had her accreditation in Australia!!

Some  universities in Thailand are excellent...same as Australia, some are

worthless there too. 

On 4/10/2017 at 8:33 AM, Wilsonandson said:

I sense a tinge of regret here.

not the farlang..... 

teachers with genuine Ed backgrounds create "staff issues" and usually all but instantly get run out... as often as not in tears.... for "sneaking smokes on campus" or whatever....  that is, even if they ever can be found in Thailand....

so..... the very best.... and almost just as cheap sources of proxy staff.... so civil service can have lighter schedules.. sometimes entire days off.... for the entire school year.... which is a very big thing.... do not discount this at all... not at all....

might be harder to find and get processed for a "teachers license"..... to show skeptical or complaining parents (skeptical or complaining for "some" reason)....

as well as what makes collecting Tea Money for the proxy staff... Thai and farlang.... easier to convince parents of... "native English speakers"....

and the farlang group doesn't ever need civil service status.....
just some visa renewals and other paperwork.

You've got to stop posting when high. Some of us kinda like at least a few sentences in a post that are comprehensible.