low carb baking

1FinickyOne

When I saw the title I almost knew there wouldn't be any replies. I'll follow this post in case someone adds info later on as I'm also interested. I doubt there's enough interest in Thailand yet to cater to this more western demand.

Stubby

12 minutes ago, Stubby said:

When I saw the title I almost knew there wouldn't be any replies. I'll follow this post in case someone adds info later on as I'm also interested. I doubt there's enough interest in Thailand yet to cater to this more western demand.

Stubby

Thanks Stubby - maybe we can get a few of us together and pay someone to make the product?? I think I have another friend who would be interested... 

Low carb bread would be my thing. The problem with low carb baking (unless you do it yourself), is that you never really know if it's low-carb or not. There was one high profile company selling low carb goods for ages before the got caught out for selling stuff that wasn't as it claimed on the label.

Stubby

I am also carb-adverse and have come to the conclusion that you can forget bread. I will have a chicken wrap made with a thin omelette and use a knife & fork, rather than manhandle it into my gob. My wife also makes a delicious dark German style rye loaf which is much lower in carbs that a normal loaf, but I have stopped eating them since the beginning of the year.

There's an Aussie company who supplies a 'low-carb' flour, but after looking at the ingredients (primarity wheat flour and a bunch of chemicals) I decided to not pusue it further.

There are also numerous low-carb recipes, of which I have tried a few. Most of them use coconut instead of wheat, which is great if you like your bread to taste of coconut (I don't). I have attached what I have found to be the best recipe I've found so far, but it's not great.

Low Carb Bread Recipe.pdf

29 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I am also carb-adverse and have come to the conclusion that you can forget bread. I will have a chicken wrap made with a thin omelette and use a knife & fork, rather than manhandle it into my gob. My wife also makes a delicious dark German style rye loaf which is much lower in carbs that a normal loaf, but I have stopped eating them since the beginning of the year.

There's an Aussie company who supplies a 'low-carb' flour, but after looking at the ingredients (primarity wheat flour and a bunch of chemicals) I decided to not pusue it further.

There are also numerous low-carb recipes, of which I have tried a few. Most of them use coconut instead of wheat, which is great if you like your bread to taste of coconut (I don't). I have attached what I have found to be the best recipe I've found so far, but it's not great.

Thanks, it looks great. Haven't eaten any kind of bread for a couple of years now. It's really the only high-carb food I miss, perhaps for its convenience factor more than anything else.

Stubby

2 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

Thanks, it looks great. Haven't eaten any kind of bread for a couple of years now. It's really the only high-carb food I miss, perhaps for its convenience factor more than anything else.

Stubby

Jase thanks, that looks great - - I think the idea is that we will have to buy the ingredients and pay someone to bake it... and whatever else. 

Stubby - has not eating bread helped you to lose weight? 

4 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Jase thanks, that looks great - - I think the idea is that we will have to buy the ingredients and pay someone to bake it... and whatever else. 

Stubby - has not eating bread helped you to lose weight? 

I've cut out all high carb foods, or more specifically the number of carbs I eat in a day. Bread is easy to eat and high in carbs. I'm pretty slim now, and proof that it's possible to shed pounds and maintain weight by increasing the amount of fat into the diet. I cook in lard, coconut oil, olive oil, butter, and gee and never worry about how much I'm consuming. That means I'm never starving like some folks get on calorie-counting diets. Low carb, moderate protein, and loads of juicy, fatty foods is the way to eat yourself back to good health. It's the healthiest I've been in a couple of decades.  Some days I don't eat a thing till after 7pm. It's not intentional; I just eat when I feel the need, that's all :)

With a so-called "balanced diet" as set out by government guidelines, I was always ready to eat around three hours after a feast. It's why people snack between main meals. In granny's day, people weren't snacking all day long. But then that generation used to eat proper food like eggs (including the yolks), butter, full-fat milk and cheese. They used to cook in lard, eat dripping, and all that other "real" food. For the record, I eat about 90 eggs a month.

Fat-producing carbohydrates (plant foods) are responsible for the obesity epidemic, not saturated fats and healthy oils.

Stubby

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Ruffian Dick said:

So what's the secret? Most bread flour is loaded with carbs.

Stop trying to find more low carb bread recipes and just make this keto bread. I have done the hard work of trying MANY low carb bread, keto bread and banting bread recipes where many of these low carb breads either don’t work or taste terrible. THIS IS THE LAST ONE YOU WILL EVER NEED! This bread is almost a no carb bread, suits anyone following a low carb, ketogenic, lchf or banting lifestyle. It is not harder to make than any of the other keto recipes or low carb bread recipes I have seen and I show you step by step how to make it! 

This bread recipe is such a winner, is low carb (of course), keto / ketogenic and results in the best homemade keto bread or homemade low carb bread. Please just trust me on this one and give this one a shot! The Keto King won’t disappoint you! For those banting, this fits perfectly into a banting bread and is suitable for anyone banting. This bread uses almond flour, so it is grain-free bread which many are looking out for. Which also means it is a gluten-free bread. 

Let me know in the comments how you liked it or if you have any questions. I’m happy to answer anything about this fantastic low carb bread, keto bread or banting bread! Call it what you will, I call it delicious!

Thanks for watching the Keto King (a.k.a the Banting Boss). Subscribe to the channel for more excellent recipes just like this one. And of course, keep it keto!

Ingredients:
6 Large Eggs;
1 cup of Greek Yoghurt (285g / 10.05oz);
1 cup of Almond Flour or Almond Meal (96g / 3.39oz); 
60ml of Psyllium Husk; (60g / 2.1oz))
10 grams Baking Powder (10ml/0.35oz);
1/2 teaspoon of Salt (2.5g / 0.09oz); 
Seeds of your choice
Loaf Tin: 9.5” x 5.5” (24cm x 14cm) top dimensions, 8” x 4”(20cm x 10cm) base dimensions and 3” (7.5cm) deep
Mix dry, mix wet, add wet and dry together & use hand blender. Add half of your seeds into mixture. Pour mixture in a bread tin lined with parchement paper and flatten. Sprinkle seeds on top of mixture. Bake in oven at 180 degrees Celcius / 350 degrees Fareneheit for 55mins or longer.

Macronutrients for ENTIRE loaf:
1596 calories, 
120g fat, 
29g net carbs (61g carbs - 32g fiber)
103g protein.

Edited by bberrythailand

Thanks B. - - it looks delicious - is there anywhere I can purchase? As to the original point of the thread... I am not a baker, cook, nor do I want to be... I would not know where to find the ingredients and I am not even familiar with the term "banting" - - banter, ok... 

The bread looks interesting. Alas, I don't have an oven or any place to put one.

I know a local chef who creates mostly meat products, but I'll ask him if he's interested in creating some bread like this in his kitchen. I'll be going to see him next week.If anyone else is interested, please let me know. If he can get a few orders it might be worth his while.

I'll update here if there's anything to update,

Best regards,

Stubby