Video: Screaming Thai woman has a bad hair day in argument over driving test regulations

webfact

Video: Screaming Thai woman has a bad hair day in argument over driving test regulations

4pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

KHON KAEN: -- A Thai woman was caught on tape and shamed on social media after she screamed blue murder at having to take the written part of the driving test again.

She didn't know that you have to do the written test again if your license has expired more than one year, reported Manager.

And she let the clerk at the Chumpae land department office in Khon Kaen have an earful as she showed her ignorance.

When police arrived to calm the situation she turned her high pitched vitriol on them too.

Two clips were posted on Facebook by "PeeraPong PonKaew" who said that the woman clearly did not understand the regulations. "She expected to be issued with a new license after completing the training", said the poster.

Licenses that have expired between one and three years mean that the driver has to complete the video training and take the written test. There is no need to take the practical test.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-11

She should have read Thaivisa forum.:biggrin:

When watching the video I was stunned how similar this looks.... ???

"MY" office where I did the motorcycle license in 2015 :tongue:

Something to show to the family.

There is a bit to this story that's missing. I know this because it happened to me a month ago.

I have a 5 year car licence that expires in about 2 years. But my bike licence was issued later and the temp licence expired while I was away for 2 years. I did not have a bike licence on my home country licence. I fully accepted that I had to do the written test again. No problem with that. I did not have any complaint about that.

After completing the eyesight and reflex tests I was sent upstairs, (Near Ban Chak, Bkk), to do my written test. I had no issues with this as when I got my bike licence initially I had to do this then. Having quickly got 100% last time it was simple to pass I thought. I went in to the room and was told I could not sit the test until I studied in the room next door for 5 hours minimum. I was allowed out for a lunch break but must clock in and out to get the required 5 hours. In that time I had to watch the same video.

My argument was that I had no issue watching the video but sitting in a room doing nothing for 5 hours was a total waste of time. I pleaded with them that I am driving on the roads here everyday and to allow me to just sit the test. My pleading failed. I walked out. I just couldn't wait in a room doing nothing for 5 hours. In my country you study at home and sit the test when your ready. A pass is a pass.

The current process is a total waste of time. All the Thai's in the room were sleeping.

I wonder if this lady was complaining about sitting the test or wasting all day there due to being kept in a room for 5 hours.

Edited by Toshiba66

7 minutes ago, Toshiba66 said:

I wonder if this lady was complaining about sitting the test or wasting all day there due to being kept in a room for 5 hours.

I am not able to understand what she is shouting, just some "one year... one year".

And the report clearly says that she excited about the need to redo the theory test.

(many Thai people struggle with this)

She missed the deadline, so why not just bang her head against the wall.

She is silly, arrogant, heated.

About the opposite of the Thai people stereotype.

9 minutes ago, Toshiba66 said:

Nah,   she was complaining about the pillows in the room

were to hard and the wi-fi  and air-con was not working. :thumbsup:

Wow lucky she's in Thailand

Back home in Auss you would of been dragged out thrown into a van & charged with causing a public nuisance & insulting an officer

But a sensible person usually keeps track of important documents

2 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Back home in Auss you would of been dragged out thrown into a van & charged with causing a public nuisance & insulting an officer

Yes but in Australia you can renew up to 5 years past its due date without all the nonsense.

2 hours ago, BEVUP said:

I shudder to think what would have happened if she had boarded

a United Air lines flight and kicked off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :giggle:

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Reminds me of when I broke up with my first gf here. She went nuts. As she was going nuts, I was thinking "I've only been with you for 2 months". 

I seriously begin to think that many Thais, male and female, are split personalities. They can be so nice, charming and polite one minute and completely nuclear, including violent, the next. Absolutely no control of their emotions once they can't instantly get their own way.

Yet if any farang or other foreigner looses their cool then they condemn all foreigners as having no manners.

Very insular and inward looking culture.

11 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I seriously begin to think that many Thais, male and female, are split personalities. They can be so nice, charming and polite one minute and completely nuclear, including violent, the next. Absolutely no control of their emotions once they can't instantly get their own way.

Yet if any farang or other foreigner looses their cool then they condemn all foreigners as having no manners.

i think you miss the point.

many western cultures vent their emotions regularly and therefore confrontations are generally less intense as there is little pent up anger.

in asia, thailand in this instance, emotions are kept under tight control, little emotional venting takes place so when someone does lose their cool, they really go off like a pressure cooker with no bleed valve.

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Very interesting to read this. I think you are so correct and well put. Nuclear is exactly the word I use to my current disaster waiting to happen. She goes from a look of disgust to full nuclear in 0.4 seconds. I should have ran long ago. When she goes nuke it makes the lady in the license office seem quite normal.

Just now, HooHaa said:

many western cultures vent their emotions regularly and therefore confrontations are generally less intense as there is little pent up anger.

in asia, thailand in this instance, emotions are kept under tight control, little emotional venting takes place so when someone does lose their cool, they really go off like a pressure cooker with no bleed valve.

Really. 

Have a read about personality disorders and split personalities in particular. 

If you think the regularity of these instances is no more than pent up anger. then think about producing a paper on it. 

If you consider the extremities often shown and then the almost immediate calm down, complete with contrition when confronted by authority and obliged to accept responsibility for actions, you may think differently.

5 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

I don't think Baerboxer missed the point. You might be both correct. I think you have a similar point, just explained a little differently.

19 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Really. 

Have a read about personality disorders and split personalities in particular. 

If you think the regularity of these instances is no more than pent up anger. then think about producing a paper on it. 

If you consider the extremities often shown and then the almost immediate calm down, complete with contrition when confronted by authority and obliged to accept responsibility for actions, you may think differently.

Here is the process-all relating to "saving/losing Face"

Avoidance-there is no problem

Denial-it is not my problem

Projection-it is your problem

Displacement-attack others to relieve stress/anger.

Regression-reverting to childlike state,often submission in the face of authority-but not necessarily so as it may lead to "kamikaze" type behaviour as well.

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity.

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar disorder, with its extreme mood swings from depression to mania, used to be called manic depressive disorder.

Bipolar disorder is very serious and can cause risky behavior, even suicidal tendencies, and can be treated with therapy and medication.

Applies to both males and females.

2 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar disorder, with its extreme mood swings from depression to mania, used to be called manic depressive disorder.

Bipolar disorder is very serious and can cause risky behavior, even suicidal tendencies, and can be treated with therapy and medication.

Applies to both males and females.

At least Borderline personality disorder