Triumph enjoys good big-bike sales at Motor Show, posts 16% growth in Q1

snoop1130

Triumph enjoys good big-bike sales at Motor Show, posts 16% growth in Q1

By The Nation

4831feeba23b7aaec547ea99478bf32e.jpeg

Thai sales of Triumph motorcycles grew by 16 per cent during the first quarter, while the maker saw 188 orders placed at the recent “Bangkok International Motor Show”.

From January to March, Triumph motorcycle registrations reached 687 units, nearly 100 more than in the corresponding period last year.

Triumph plans to expand its customer base as well as broaden its sales and service network to cover all areas of the country. It presently has 11 showrooms in Thailand.

Chakrapong Santirat, general manager of Triumph Motorcycles (Thailand), said: “During the 12 Motor Show days, we were able to sell a total of 188 motorcycles from the 14 models we exhibited. The most popular model was the Street Triple RS, followed by the Bonneville Bobber and Bonneville T100.”

He added that the orders placed at the event were higher than expected, reflecting the growth of the big-bike market in Thailand.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30312034

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-11

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He added that the orders placed at the event were higher than expected, reflecting the growth of the big-bike market in Thailand.

Were they purchased by young Thai's thanks to their friendly local bank manager. Are they graduates of the show and tell license system here? Look out Doctor Stranglove you have competition. Big bikes in the hands of experienced big bike drivers is one thing as they do have respect for the machine. 

Are these sales the results of keen saving by young Thai lads? (I think most of us know the answer to that one) or are they the results of bankers having to much cash sloshing around in the vaults. I know that each time I roll over my savings money I wisely stashed away over my years of hard work is actually working less and less for me all the time in the banks. My money seems dead at present while borrowers who lend money to buy these big bikes see a fast lively future well for now anyways. 

Edited by elgordo38

2 hours ago, retarius said:

Am I sick of these big bikes. We need a law to limit the noise that comes from these idiots who ride them.

it is not the big bikes that is the problem, it is the aftermarket exhaust fitted to any bike that is usually very load. i've heard Wave scooters that are so loud that i can hear them disappearing in the distance 10 seconds later!

9 hours ago, retarius said:

Am I sick of these big bikes. We need a law to limit the noise that comes from these idiots who ride them.

Well I don't make any noise when I ride my big bike, he-he.

Sorry to hear you are sick, get well soon. :ph34r:

A standard Trumpet is not that loud.., no you need to ask them to throw on a set of TORs (Triumph Off Road Use) exhausts - on the bonney range anyways, lets bike breath better, sounds like a Triumph should sound, then different fuel map on injection bikes, rip out the airbox and get some nice K&Ns or a bell mouth and junk the emissions system, better still get a stage map done, way to go lol...

Seriously the new Bobber with the big bang engine is lush! I have a T100 Bonnie I got brand new 2013 with mods above and love it (in UK) have a Forza in LOS but am now thinking of a Bobber also...? and with the new liumps in you don't need to mess with them

19 hours ago, retarius said:

You couldn't tag on a law to limit these  pick-ups with masses of speakers on them that my neighbour sometimes has round the house could you? Horribly distorted racket that shakes the windows.