looking for a Naturopathic Doctor (ND).

Just so folk know what your'e looking for 

Naturopathy or naturopathic medicine is a form of pseudoscientific, alternative medicine that employs an array of practices branded as "natural", "non-invasive", and as promoting "self-healing." The ideology and methods of naturopathy are based on vitalism and self-healing, rather than evidence-based medicine.[1] Naturopathic practitioners generally recommend against modern medical practices, including but not limited to medical testing, drugs, vaccinations, and surgery.[2][3][4][5] Instead, study and practice are focused on unscientific notions, often leading naturopathic doctors to diagnoses and treatments that have no factual merit.[6][7]

Naturopathic medicine is considered by the medical profession to be ineffective and possibly harmful, raising ethical issues about its practice.[6][8][9] In addition to accusations from the medical community, such as the American Cancer Society,[10] naturopaths and naturopathic doctors have repeatedly been accused of being charlatans and practicing quackery.[6][11][12][13][14][15] Over the years, many practitioners of naturopathic medicine have been found criminally liable in the courts of law around the world. In some countries, it is a criminal offense for naturopaths and naturopathic doctors to label themselves as medical professionals.

There are various westerners around who are self-styled "naturopaths", many have no formal training iof any kind.

What actually is it you want? If you want a trained practitioner of Chinese medicine, there is a very good Chinese medicine clinic in St Louis Hospital.

If it as a trained Ayurvedic practitioner you are looking for, not sure there really are any authentic ones in Thailand, though there are places that claim to offer it, usually overpriced spas.

• 9 months later...

Hello,

My name is Dr. Nicha Samantarat. I am a naturopathic doctor who has been trained from an accredited naturopathic medical school in USA. I have received 8 years of pre-medical & medical training and holds a valid license to practice as naturopathic doctor in the state of California. I am currently based in Bangkok and provide consultation here. Please feel free to PM me, I'll be happy to help :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 4/12/2017 at 11:50 AM, kannot said:

Just so folk know what your'e looking for 

Naturopathy or naturopathic medicine is a form of pseudoscientific, alternative medicine that employs an array of practices branded as "natural", "non-invasive", and as promoting "self-healing." The ideology and methods of naturopathy are based on vitalism and self-healing, rather than evidence-based medicine.[1] Naturopathic practitioners generally recommend against modern medical practices, including but not limited to medical testing, drugs, vaccinations, and surgery.

Rubbish.

I worked with a ND for years who was fluent with "modern medical practices" (western medicine). She was also brilliant in Eastern medicine.

In fact, she has a well-rounded approach to all the modalities.

She encourages her patients to educate themselves thoroughly about all their options. She is a big fan of western medical testing but not a slave to the pharmaceutical industry.

Any good naturopath will encourage the patient to engage all possible options.

Please note health forum rules:

"aggressive attempts to persuade other members to either adapt or abandon alternative vs. modern forms of treatment will not be permitted. Experience has shown that this invariably leads to arguments and flame fests that serve no useful purpose."

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/224498-health-forum-rules/