kimchi

black fox

You can buy good kimchi by the kilo (200 baht) from this restaurant. It comes in a basic clear plastic bag so best to bring your own bag to put that in for transport. 

You'll need a way to store it that doesn't stink up your entire fridge (think durian) for months. I have a special kimchi plastic bucket thingie with two levels of lids but I never saw them sold here. Often Koreans have a separate fridge for kimchi. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/파타야+경복궁/@12.9470118,100.8898221,19z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xbdb2728ce5333cea!8m2!3d12.9469187!4d100.888972

But I currently prefer the stuff from that market I mentioned before which has both Thai sourced and Korean import. I recall Central food hall has Korean import but much more expensive than the Korean market store.

Edited by Jingthing

The ONLY Korean restaurant I've ever discovered that will sell kimchi TO GO by the kilo is the one I mentioned. I've asked other places when I like their kimchi. Always no. The OP asked where to buy kimchi, not about where to eat Korean food in a restaurant. There are MANY Korean restaurants in Pattaya. All  Korean restaurants will have kimchi and I assume many of the them make it themselves. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Shouldn't be hard to find.

Even the standard chains in the province have.

Could bet I have seen it at Tesco Lotus.

Yes for example Big C sells it in sealed plastic tubs, but it's weak. I'm providing  sources for BETTER stronger kimchi. 

Edited by Jingthing

The ONLY Korean restaurant I've ever discovered that will sell kimchi TO GO by the kilo is the one I mentioned. I've asked other places when I like their kimchi. Always no. The OP asked where to buy kimchi, not about where to eat Korean food in a restaurant. There are MANY Korean restaurants in Pattaya. All  Korean restaurants will have kimchi and I assume many of the them make it themselves. 

He just asked where it was available, which is ambiguous to say the least.

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk