Family members of ‘Shogun’ detained after alleged scam strands passengers

snoop1130

By The Nation

e2060f38a58f82874518ae58b472e462.jpeg

Immigration police have detained the mother and relatives of a suspect who allegedly cheated thousands of people with the promise of cheap trip to Japan during the Songkran Festival, a source said on Wednesday.

Pasit Arinchalapit’s mother and four other relatives, all of whom were unidentified, were apprehended at a department store in the southern province of Ranong on Wednesday.

Pasit, who is nicknamed “Shogun”, is wanted for allegedly running a scam luring people to pay about Bt10,000 to her company; Wealth Ever for a bogus trip to Japan during the Songkran holiday. The price of the nonexistent tour is considerably lower than that of other companies.

However, when customers showed up at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Tuesday, they were told by airlines that chartered flights had not been booked for the trip. No one from the company came to the airport, leaving thousands of tourists stranded.

The Tourism Ministry and police have provided assistance to the victims.

Pasit’s firm is reportedly registered as selling dietary supplements. Tourism Minister Kobkarn Wattanawarangkul said she could face legal action for operating a tourism business without a permit, which carries penalties of two years in jail, a fine of not more than Bt50,000 or both.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312143

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-12

Manhunt launched for alleged fraudster Sinsae Shogun

109_Japan1.jpg

Police have launched a manhunt for a fraudster who allegedly cheated more than 1,500 people who bought cheap package tour to Japan from her phoney company, WealthEver, which is in fact a pyramid scheme operator.

Police said that the alleged fraudster had changed her name and surname over ten times with the latest name being Ms Pasit Arinlapit, alias Sinsae Shogun.

About 400 complaints have been lodged with the Crime Suppression Division police by victims of WealthEver after they were stranded at Suvarnabhumi international airport Tuesday after they found out that there was no flight to take them to Japan as promised by the phoney company.

Police said that WealthEver was never registered as a direct sale company or a tour company.

Police crime record shows that there are six fraud cases pending against Ms Pasit together with three arrest warrants.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/manhunt-launched-alleged-fraudster-sinsae-shogun/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-4-12

"Pasit’s firm is reportedly registered as selling dietary supplements. Tourism Minister Kobkarn Wattanawarangkul said she could face legal action for operating a tourism business without a permit, which carries penalties of two years in jail, a fine of not more than Bt50,000 or both."

Well that is a deterrent for sure! Thai "punishments..."

Dreadful. 3 arrest warrants out but no arrests made, a 2 year max sentence (eligible for immediate suspension due to it being under 3yrs) and / or a fine of 50k baht when likely millions of baht have been pocketed by this woman is a total disgrace and shows just how unfit for purpose the justice system and law enforcement arms are when dealing with any type of fraud.

Embarrassing as per ?

Wow. Go online and offer people deals that are simply too good to be true. Hook, line and sinker. With the kinda punishments being dished out for operating without licenses, it's easy to see why some people think they can scam others without fear of any real punishment. 

I remember being accused of being 'negative' by a 'farang newbie' for saying that I only hand over cash to reputable companies and would have zero faith in a company here that I simply don't know. With so many idiots/dreamers around, it can be hard to muster any sympathy for people who are reckless with their cash. 

"Police crime record shows that there are six fraud cases pending against Ms Pasit together with three arrest warrants."

I guess they told her to report into the station,as they do, and she never did,now it's turned into a big case,so looks like

they are going to have to start moving,and find her. suspect she is the only one that made it to Japan.

regards Worgeordie

11 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Sorry i cannot believe that a Thai person would do such a thing.

My wife is always telling me that Thais are honest people.  :cheesy:

She should meet my Thai wife who says you should never trust any Thai, including members of your own family as they are all trying to get something for nothing !

33 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Sorry i cannot believe that a Thai person would do such a thing.

My wife is always telling me that Thais are honest people.  :cheesy:

19 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

She should meet my Thai wife who says you should never trust any Thai, including members of your own family as they are all trying to get something for nothing !

I need to combine these two posts in the spirit of ongoing reconciliation..

At 8 am my wife states that Thais are very honest people and by 6 pm she is earnestly advising me that the exact opposite (including family) is true.

I do not know what to believe...:saai:

35 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I need to combine these two posts in the spirit of ongoing reconciliation..

At 8 am my wife states that Thais are very honest people and by 6 pm she is earnestly advising me that the exact opposite (including family) is true.

I do not know what to believe...:saai:

?

20170412_200329.jpg

A post content from a Thai language news site has been removed. This is the English language side of the forum, English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

I think the best one was the guy in USA who sold many and I mean many fly killers that would last a lifetime and would kill any kind of flying bug for 1 dollar.  It would also be replaced when worn out and came with full  instructions for use.

For your dollar you got a small wooden block and a small wooden hammer. The instructions read; Catch fly, place on block and hit with small hammer.  It was reported he won the court case when sued because the item did exactly as described.  I know off topic but my mind works in strange ways.

?????

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Alleged?

1500 people at airport. 

No planes chartered. 

No reps from the company around. 

Owner of business not licenced as a tour operator on the run. 

I think it's safe to say it's a scam. 

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

That meeting might not turn out too well but would make compelling television viewing. 

That's a lot of people in a short amount of time.  Does this person(s) really think they can continue to get away with this without being caught?  I trust the Thai officials can freeze those company accounts, track the payments and money transfers quickly, etc?  Anyway, moral of the story is "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is".

3 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

Scammers are everywhere. They target simple honest people all around the world. The perps should get 10 years jail in an extreme male gay prison

never understand some posters fascination with male rape in prisons and how it seems to be an acceptable punishment for any criminal wrong doing 

33 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

never understand some posters fascination with male rape in prisons and how it seems to be an acceptable punishment for any criminal wrong doing 

No fascination from me. But the scum of the world need to be treated by the scum of the world. ( Of course excepting that you may be a tad gay)

Make the cops pay and reimburse the customers that have been scammed.." for sitting on their <deleted> and doing nothing about the 3 outstanding arrest warrants..one from 2012"...had they acted then this scam would quite possibly of never happened...