Fingerprint scanning to be introduced for all new SIM card requests from May

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

For my new passport I had to provide fingerprints, and i needed to provide fingerprints for other government services in the past as well, so what is wrong with that?

When some Muslim wacko blows up the next plane or whatever, because he got through using a false passport, you will all stand screaming from your ivory tower that it couldn't have happened if they had taken fingerprint verification.

Wait I have an idea...................let's only fingerprint criminals, that would solve the problem NOT

The police state is here to protect us all from the bad guys is a

boring and unimaginative argument Sir..... 

Edited by fforest1

On 14/04/2017 at 9:14 AM, samsensam said:

8000 machines in a country of 67 million with around 32 million tourists visiting each year? that'll work.

Not to mention the number of times the 67 million change their SIM when they run out of money and don't top up, or want to hide from their gig - or their missus.

On 14/04/2017 at 4:25 AM, thedemon said:

At least at PP airport, everyone has to. And it is all 8 fingers but not thumbs. Not sure what they do if you're missing a finger or 2.

sometimes they scan your finger prints entering and leaving cambodia, sometimes they only scan entering or leaving, and sometimes they dont scan at all. make of that what you will.

On 4/13/2017 at 10:45 PM, JimmyJ said:

Will sims purchased in neighboring countries - even just across the border - work in Thailand?

Unfortunately, the person that made the following silly comment did not think it through as you do. You see the big picture and why the SIM card fingerprinting is all about  internal control as per China and Myanmar practices. Those with foreign roaming can evade this  procedure.

On 4/14/2017 at 0:13 AM, janclaes47 said:

For my new passport I had to provide fingerprints, and i needed to provide fingerprints for other government services in the past as well, so what is wrong with that?

When some Muslim wacko blows up the next plane or whatever, because he got through using a false passport, you will all stand screaming from your ivory tower that it couldn't have happened if they had taken fingerprint verification.

Wait I have an idea...................let's only fingerprint criminals, that would solve the problem NOT

On 4/14/2017 at 0:31 AM, janclaes47 said:

No it isn't, because those corporations got the instruction to do that from the government, and the fingerprints will probably end up in the very same database.

Do bombs detonated by phones in the South ring a bell to you?

Apparently you  have never heard of ROAMING.  Sims can come from anywhere and unless all foreign roaming services are cut off, your bomb prevention strategy won't work. In any case, IEDs don't need to be detonated by a mobile phone. . You watch too many movies. Long rage cordless  phones are more effective and more difficult to block. Infra red devices and. Radio frequency devices are available as well.

Unless your Foreign SIM is registered, roaming simply won't work if they choose that path. It's a very simple process to block unregistered non Thai SIM cards. With the Digital single Gateway about to come live and the first of the E Visa roll out later this year, unless you simply want no services at all, they are about to know your every movement. The days of hiding behind a VPN and swapping to a new passport to hide your visa history from consulates and Embassy's outside of Thailand are coming to an end.

2 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Unless your Foreign SIM is registered, roaming simply won't work if they choose that path. It's a very simple process to block unregistered non Thai SIM cards. With the Digital single Gateway about to come live and the first of the E Visa roll out later this year, unless you simply want no services at all, they are about to know your every movement. The days of hiding behind a VPN and swapping to a new passport to hide your visa history from consulates and Embassy's outside of Thailand are coming to an end.

Don't hold your breath. Thailand's technological  abilities are legendary. Relying on Chinese   software that has already been compromised isn't going to work. Iraq, Syria,  and Pakistan tried similar strategies in restricting foreign SIMS. They didn't have much success.

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

It's a shame Europe never chose the path Thailand is going down. It wouldn't be in the mess it is.

Idiotic comment of the thread. Much of Europe did indeed choose that path. A couple of sociopathic killer clowns named Benito and Adolf tried it in the 1930's and 40's. After the ouster of the military dictatorships in Portugal, Greece and Spain, I believe that Europeans had their fill of military dictatorships and their social and economic failures.

You must be devastated with the prospects of  extremist right wing political groups floundering in the EU. Maybe you can write Le Pen a supportive note.

I happen to like living here. I live here with absolutely no problems or complaints.

Good for you. Some  prison inmates love the structure a prison environment gives them too.

1 hour ago, Bangkokazy said:

I live there 2, but I travel every 6 months to live in Northern Europe

Summer in Northern Europe is wonderful. You can keep November to February, though. :sleep:

I live here and have done for years. I have absolutely no issues and have no wish to change anything. The only wish I have is that I never ever have a need to go back to Europe.

Ok. You couldn't make it in Europe. Fine.  Europe is  so very bad. Remind the EU to stop funding the nutrition, and medical  care projects will you.

Thailand allows for subsistence living for some people. Thinking and planning is not required for others. However, just wait until you have a medical issue. You will quickly discover that the shiny equipment and pretty  facilities are not  much use if you have a complicated illness or need innovative treatment. You will be on the first plane back to your home country demanding treatment if you ever are diagnosed with a major cancer.  Edverything is wonderful until one encounters a serious health or  legal problem. Then there is a rude awakening.

2 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I happen to like living here. I live here with absolutely no problems or complaints.

I live there 2, but I travel every 6 months to live in Northern Europe

Thailand is 3 world
Nice for 3 to 6 months a year.

9 minutes ago, berybert said:

So I give me fingerprint to register a sim. I then decide to blow up a bomb and kill several people using my phone.

How does the bomb get registered to me ?

Genuine question.

No fear, just pay the drug addicts kill for you.

What a load of what are those things called between my legs, can never remember, but sat down tonight for the first in time yonks and watched a film on television. all the way through that film I thought of you yes you the film was Book thief watch it if you can and the message is there for you. dear PM can I Far> or is that a crime also.

On 14/04/2017 at 6:19 AM, USPatriot said:

No need. They know who you are just by the phone if you have a Facebook account they know who you are without a photo of your face. The tattoo is the phone.

Every post every call and everything done on a phone is stored.  Nothing is private. It's not just the us that is doing it.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/26/tech/city-of-tomorrow-video-data-surveillance/

Add VPN only £30 a year and they are stuffed then  find farang on holiday, ask to buy his sim card when he leaves but also tell him why

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Don't hold your breath. Thailand's technological  abilities are legendary. Relying on Chinese   software that has already been compromised isn't going to work. Iraq, Syria,  and Pakistan tried similar strategies in restricting foreign SIMS. They didn't have much success.

Idiotic comment of the thread. Much of Europe did indeed choose that path. A couple of sociopathic killer clowns named Benito and Adolf tried it in the 1930's and 40's. After the ouster of the military dictatorships in Portugal, Greece and Spain, I believe that Europeans had their fill of military dictatorships and their social and economic failures.

You must be devastated with the prospects of  extremist right wing political groups floundering in the EU. Maybe you can write Le Pen a supportive note.

Good for you. Some  prison inmates love the structure a prison environment gives them too.

Summer in Northern Europe is wonderful. You can keep November to February, though. :sleep:

Ok. You couldn't make it in Europe. Fine.  Europe is  so very bad. Remind the EU to stop funding the nutrition, and medical  care projects will you.

Thailand allows for subsistence living for some people. Thinking and planning is not required for others. However, just wait until you have a medical issue. You will quickly discover that the shiny equipment and pretty  facilities are not  much use if you have a complicated illness or need innovative treatment. You will be on the first plane back to your home country demanding treatment if you ever are diagnosed with a major cancer.  Edverything is wonderful until one encounters a serious health or  legal problem. Then there is a rude awakening.

Probably wise not to make assumptions about me. At the very best you will make yourself look a complete fool.
Enjoy your weekend.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

Ok now then plebs, now we have your fingerprints next is your DNA followed by three six's tattooed on your forehead or right hand and maybe we have your first born just for laugh's ok then, wait what? what's that? you don't like this new rules (control), Oi, Somchai, take this trouble maker off for re-education (attitude adjustment).  Right now, move on plebs move on. 

6 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

Ok now then plebs, now we have your fingerprints next is your DNA followed by three six's tattooed on your forehead or right hand and maybe we have your first born just for laugh's ok then, wait what? what's that? you don't like this new rules (control), Oi, Somchai, take this trouble maker off for re-education (attitude adjustment).  Right now, move on plebs move on. 

And they have all this information, what can they do with it ? I guess its good to feel you are so important.

And here you are on social media giving away all your details, but that's ok, your new born doesn't have a name yet.

Edited by berybert

How sad has and is this planet for all living things in and on it, our only one home, become and developing into?

'Thailand' , in brief translation meaning, "the land of the free". Is it or any other place for that matter?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect