Video: Happy New Year! - Thai revelers welcome Songkran with some fisticuffs

webfact

Video: Happy New Year! - Thai revelers welcome Songkran with some fisticuffs

6pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

NAKHON PHANOM: -- A video at a Songkran celebration in Nakhon Phanom on the banks of the Mekhong River in north eastern Thailand shows about ten people having a fist and feet fight.

The celebration was barely two hours old when the fight erupted in front of a stage where "look thung" (country singers) were performing.

A man with chest tattoos who appeared drunk seemed to start the melee, said Manager reporting the incident.

Police and local officials arrived and the crowd dispersed and there were no reports of arrests.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-14

if they could only point all the aggression in the right direction.

" Police and local officials arrived and the crowd dispersed and there were no reports of arrests."

so there is a concert and not one cop assigned to patrol the concert grounds?

"He say my penis small! Kill him!"

a few flying leap a** kicks around 16 seconds. :cheesy:

I lost count, 10 on 1?

Looks like he is on the ground for the Songkran Head Bashing Ceremony.

Last years tourist head bashing in Hua Hin is still number one.

Edited by NCC1701A

Pathetic!

That kind of behaviour just confirms to me the mentally of these people and in my opinion, helps me to understand more clearly the lack of respect and decorum these people demonstrate, not only to one another but more importantly, visitors to Thailand.

Always has to be big, brash, loud, people in drunken stupors finished off with violence.

Once the land of smiles, politeness, good manners plus respect. But now?

"Cut the nose off to hate the face".

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Typical 10 to 1 brave young Thais,some of them punching like girls.

Looks a lot to me like the "brave" guy with tatts who is at least twice the size of his opponent, finds the little guy has a bit of support from his mates.

So what? As much alcohol as people drink here on average is enough to reduce reason for the rabble very quickly. Lao Cao logic to the fore.

Its truly funny all the Songkran lovers the "oh it just clean fun" boys have fallen silent. I am now beginning to understand why I never let religion and "good clean fun" into my life. I did not say I told you so but there is no time like the present. For the sake of disclosure I am not gloating well OK yes I am. 

4 hours ago, MarkusAUST said:

I am really not a fan of the way Thais mob mentality kicks in after about 3 seconds, though you do have to say that the fat fella who appears to have started it, did get exactly what he deserved.

WOW amazing pictures. My estimation of a picture is worth a 1000 words just went up by a factor of 10

Always going to be a fight when alcohol is involved, as for how many will get involved in the fight in Thailand is a matter of opinion, every fight I have seen outside of a Thai boxing ring is usually 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 on one, doesn't matter whether its Thai on Thai, or Thai on Farang, the odds are always against the one, guess it must have something to do with Thai's not being able to release their inner build up, could have something to do with not losing face, just go straight to it, shoot to kill, knife to kill, and usually for petty stuff.

13 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Thinking about selling t-shirts

I survived Songkran 2017!!!   Land of Smiles after all!!!

:wai::giggle:

Songkran Fight Club 2017       :tongue:

Small brains and d>>>> to match so what do you expect I hope you did survive Ulic. what do I miss this year about Songkran? Um Um not being bitten by scum mosquitoes (with others) and lots of BullS>>>. hey I can even read and share what I want to and no one here wants to kill me for opening my mind and voice as to what I really feel, its called being alive with freedom to express my views. life begins with freedom you know

On 4/14/2017 at 0:11 PM, MarkusAUST said:

I am really not a fan of the way Thais mob mentality kicks in after about 3 seconds, though you do have to say that the fat fella who appears to have started it, did get exactly what he deserved.

Even if he started it , which we do not know, that does not explain why 10 or more guys have to kick  and punch him .I wonder what you would say if 10 more more kicked into you .

Edited by kevvy