True Fitness Asoke - a collection of broken equipment...

BigBadSeattleLad

Was wondering if anybody knows what's up with True Fitness Asoke. They clearly have a zero-maintenance policy as functional workout machines/apparatus, treadmills, ellipticals, and stationary bikes are rapidly becoming an increasingly rare sight. What are the new best option/s in the same Prompong area?

True fitness is crap that's why they don't maintain their stuff. But there are many other gyms all over the country that are really good and maintain things regularly. Google is your best bet. Here you will get dumb answers at best.

I used to go to the Emporium Suites gym.  Not as big as some, but sufficient.  Like a good hotel gym.  Pleasant inside and no music in the background, which I much prefer so I can choose my own.  Reasonable rates also.  15,000 per year for a limited membership (9am-3pm each day).

When I was a member at Fitness first few years back, you couldn't fault

their maintenances and their lever of up keep with new and latest equipment,

they're not cheap, and I think that they're the best gym set up in Thailand...

Yah True fitness has gone downhill over the years but the location is unbeatable for me here at Sukhumvit 23. 

Heard rumours it's going to shut down soon even though it is profitable. If that happens, it'll have to be Virgin Active at the EM Quartier mall Phrom Phong. Similarly priced at 1700-2000 a month, I believe. 

Word is the equipment is top notch as is the eye candy. 

29 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Yah True fitness has gone downhill over the years but the location is unbeatable for me here at Sukhumvit 23. 

Heard rumours it's going to shut down soon even though it is profitable. If that happens, it'll have to be Virgin Active at the EM Quartier mall Phrom Phong. Similarly priced at 1700-2000 a month, I believe. 

It may no be inexpensive but it is a well run place, virgin active, that is.

Wrong virgin is way more 3k+ p/m

Try fitness 7 on suk 26, 1500 per month or 1200, 3 months paid in advance, no contracts, provides towels, has all equipment you need. No yoga or aerobic classes

Google it

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/16/2017 at 5:26 PM, Thai Ron said:

Yes, closing soon, no more people want to be cheated by them.

I've been a member at True Fitness for years and you are absolutely correct.  The stationary bikes overlooking the atrium were one of my favorite things to use but now I think maybe only 1 or 2 out of the 8 or 10 are in halfway decent working order.

I stay there because the location is very convenient for me and I'm happy with what I paid.  I paid 40,800 thb cash upfront for a 3 year membership with 6 extra months added on.  So that worked out to only 974 thb / month.  Of course I'm at risk if they were to close but I've already used up 28 of the 42 months.

It stays fairly busy so they would appear to be doing OK.  But the lack of maintenance has tempted me to look elsewhere.

What pisses me off just about as much is how many of the members don't follow the basic rules of fitness clubs everywhere:  Not re-racking free weights into their proper rack (most members just throw them into any open rack), leaving shoes, bags, etc on the floor of the locker room, etc.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned http://thesaspireclub.com , which is adjacent to Asoke BTS Station - basically across the street from True Fitness.

There is also  http://wefitnesssociety.com which is a good distance from Asoke, but is accessible right off the Ekkamai BTS Station skywalk, making it pretty convenient.

Edited by maisodni

I wouldn't take a long term contract at TRUE fitness since last year they have already closed without notice their club at Central World.

I don't understand their business model; a lot of cardios are out of order, it seems that they try to extract all the lemon juice.

Don't know if it's correct but a friend mine told me; that the real estate owners, with time, tends to increase rents up to a point the activity is not profitable for the fitness company (I've heart similar story about a popular restaurant where the owner wants to capture most if not all of the profit of the activity by increasing rents)

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned http://thesaspireclub.com , which is adjacent to Asoke BTS Station - basically across the street from True Fitness.

There is also  http://wefitnesssociety.com which is a good distance from Asoke, but is accessible right off the Ekkamai BTS Station skywalk, making it pretty convenient.

Aspire is too expensive, it's mostly for crossfit, only a small section of free weights, there are better gyms in the area for that price

What do you really need in a gym anyway?   You guys Mr. America or Arnold? Many of you are taking the rip off gym route.

http://www.amtel.co.th/facilities/wellness-centre/fitness-centre/

The Ambassador yes has older machines.  But the free weight area is just fine.  Cardio, pool, sauna, jacuzzi locker room, showers, towels included. 9500 b a year.

Up to you!

Edited by bkk6060

What do you really need in a gym anyway?   You guys Mr. America or Arnold? Many of you are taking the rip off gym route.

The Ambassador yes has older machines.  But the free weight area is just fine.  Cardio, pool, sauna, jacuzzi locker room, showers, towels included. 9500 b a year.
Up to you!

Do you know if it has incline and flat barbell bench stations?

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 5:33 PM, bkk6060 said:

Up to you!

Yah someone will be along shortly to tell us that "real men" don't use machines or air conditioning and that all your really need to do to stay in shape is to do press ups with a bag of boulders on your back.