Trump supporters, opponents clash in California park

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Slip said:

Why is it that all Trump followers can do is bait? Is it because they won and we should all get over it?

If you're referring to me (by some chance), I'm not a Trump follower.  Or a Trumpian.  Or a Trumpest.  Hardly.  But.... well, the obvious point here speaks for itself. 

2 minutes ago, Becker said:

No, they need a psychiatrist.

Good point. Where is any sanity in supporting such a bizarre, irrational leader?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/why-do-democrats-feel-sorry-for-hillary-clinton.html

Every day, the incoherence deepens: He’s going to cover “everyone,” but he’s going to push 24 million people off their health insurance. He’s going to wipe out the debt, but his tax cuts and spending spree will add trillions to it. He’s never going to intervene in Syria, but he just did. He’s going to get Mexico to pay for a big, beautiful wall, but he isn’t. China is a currency manipulator, but it isn’t. The media is the enemy of the people, but he is on the phone with them every five minutes and can’t stop watching CNN and reading the New York Times. He’s going to be a tightwad with taxpayers’ money, unlike Obama, but his personal travel expenses are on track to be eight times more than his predecessor’s. 

Forget any opinion of Trump, that is irrelevant.

The problem here is this and only this: '

Democrats demonstrate and no one bothers them, their rights are respected...republicans demonstrate and democrats gather to block them starting fights and not respecting their fellow Americans rights. Instead they believe they are superior and have the right to intrude on the rights of others.

Perhaps the Democrats spent too much time watching the coups in Thailand and just may be contemplating closing down wall street in protest or shutting down an airport. Childish and pathetic behavior making a mockery of a democracy and an embarrassment to the country

Current day actual right wing, white supremacist, trumpist fascist violently punching a lady protester. Brave fascist man! This happened at the Berkeley clash which is the topic here.

I support arresting all violent offenders at this rally, but definitely it appears the evidence is particularly strong against the American right wing fascist Damigo. 

Edited by Jingthing

14 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Hmm, I do react against those who make a public claim that they represent "patriotism" and "nationalism". As an American with roots going back before the Revolution. No one is authorized by me to claim they hold these exclusive to those of us who disagree with the Trump direction. Push this and expect pushback.

Your attitude is exactly part of the problem. I too have roots predating the American Revolution and ancestors that fought in that war and it is my believe that people should have the right to express their views without being countered at every corner.  Never heard of anyone claiming to hold patriotism and nationalism as exclusive rights. It seems that a group of people who support Trump wanted to have a rally and it is their right to do so. Opponents who can't stand Trump or his message show up to counter the protest.  Why?  Can't they just let others express their view without having to counter their speech? It is the same with liberal students preventing conservative speakers from speaking on a college campus.  It's like a bunch of Catholics invading a morning worship service in a Baptist church because they don't agree with the message and trying and shout down the preacher.  This country is about differing points of view.  The anti-trumpeters are rabid about the subject.  Engaging in dialogue is one thing, protesting against other peoples right to gather and hold a rally is not something to be proud of, no matter your point of view.

Look at all those 'white supremacists'.

Your narrative of 'everyone who voted Trump is a white supremacist' is in it's death throes. Thanks largely to technology we can debunk these silly narratives practically in real time.

God those are some beautiful freedom-loving Americans right there! :heart_001::heart_001::heart_001:

Edited by Rigby40

3 hours ago, Trouble said:

Your attitude is exactly part of the problem. I too have roots predating the American Revolution and ancestors that fought in that war and it is my believe that people should have the right to express their views without being countered at every corner.  Never heard of anyone claiming to hold patriotism and nationalism as exclusive rights. It seems that a group of people who support Trump wanted to have a rally and it is their right to do so. Opponents who can't stand Trump or his message show up to counter the protest.  Why?  Can't they just let others express their view without having to counter their speech? It is the same with liberal students preventing conservative speakers from speaking on a college campus.  It's like a bunch of Catholics invading a morning worship service in a Baptist church because they don't agree with the message and trying and shout down the preacher.  This country is about differing points of view.  The anti-trumpeters are rabid about the subject.  Engaging in dialogue is one thing, protesting against other peoples right to gather and hold a rally is not something to be proud of, no matter your point of view.

So, in your thinking those "rebels" who opposed those in power were wrong to use force (perhaps our 5th Greatgrandfathers fought side by side at Princeton, Trenton, Bradywine, etc)? Those who actively opposed legal slavery? Those who actively opposed those in power continuing discrimination? We could go to other countries also to see examples also, active opposition or not active opposition and look at the outcomes. Yes, I agree, discourse is a much better way to go and fault can be found on opposing sides for pushing through policies which should require a balanced approach. As long as that is not happening, I want the opposition to The Donald's policies to take to the streets and actively oppose. Public space is much different than entering a church...we would be in agreement, in that case. There is too much at stake...building military actions/budgets, sending Americans to die, claiming national security to protect secrecy or, on the other hand, passing legislation demanding greater access to American citizens privacy. No, Trump's direction is very dangerous. We would probably agree that the country has strayed from core values and could agree to find middle ground...most of us not seeking election seem to be more reasonable.

19 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

It's a warped sort of Democracy, when an adversarial country's secret service majorly influences the election.  Even the FBI and 16 other security services claimed that.  

re; the demonstration in Berkeley:  I'm waiting for Trump to tweet something typically asinine, like, "Maybe the 2nd Amenders can take care of those punks"  .....similar to what Trump said about HRC.  If Trump is good at anything, he's good at fueling controversy and divisions.

to be fair boomerangutang democracy is warped anyway seeing as the powers that be tell us we in the West live under democracy, but we are still told what to do and when to do it !!

I use the word democracy but I only use it in certain conversations or debates such as allowing people the freedom to speak and be allowed their own voice/views. There is absolutely no point using the word democracy as a defence when dealing with people who hold power, whether it be much power or very little. 

EG) There is no point using that word when talking to the police, politicians or even social media groups such as TVF. Funny how democracy is only allowed if that organisation in power "allows" it. 

One rule for one, one rule for another

A post lobbying other members has been removed:

5) You will not use Thaivisa as a platform to gather support to effect changes on religious, political, or governmental issues.

On 4/16/2017 at 11:07 PM, Trouble said:

Dont bother mate, you cannot educate bacon. They love to force their opinion down your throat but refuse to listen to others