Combined No-Book Transaction Bangkok Bank Passbook

Since it has been about 30 years since I used a super old school "passbook" at a bank in the USA, I was wondering what a transaction marked CMB means?

anybody know FOR SURE what CMB Combined No-Book Transaction means in your passbook?

I just have these giant sums of money shown as out going, instead of my small ATM withdrawals. There is a large break in the dates of the transactions, like 20 days or so before the CMB. I notice my passbook gets out of sync with the balance in my phone text messages from Bangkok bank but over time fall back in sync. 

Thanks for any info.

If you don't update your passbook often enough, after a while (depends on the bank but something like three months) the bank will combine transactions that has not been entered into you passbook into one combined entry. So instead of seeing e.g. six ATM withdrawals of 20k baht you will see one combined entry of -120k baht.

Sophon

Yes my Krungsri Bank does the same if I do not update often and I have a lot a transaction. They do the CMB using only one line in the passbook. It is not so bad !  It prevent me of going to the bank to get a new bankbook book as the passbook  have only 5 pages at my bank.

I use  the debit card a lot instead of paying cash. Every time one line in the passbook .

I use the internet  to check my transactions and balance .

If there was no Combined No-Book Transaction  , I would have to get a new passbook almost 10 time a year.

So I save on visiting the bank with my passport to have a new book.....

I wish one day they would discover the Monthly Statement and use the ATM card and PIN number to ID the customer at bank counter instead of the passbook. 

NOTE:  At Krungsri Bank the FCD accounts have no passbook and only monthly statement. There is a Bank card to ID the customer  account and another optional ATM debit card if you want to use ATM to get money in Thai bahts. 

So they can do it !

2 hours ago, riceyummm said:

Sounds like a good idea unless you like waiting while a thousand transactions are printed.

Indeed for us :)

Immigration don't agree though LOL . If you are trying to demonstrate THB 400k or THB 800k or relevant amount in your bank account for a certain period of time you could have issues with a combined amount

3 hours ago, cnx355 said:

I wish one day they would discover the Monthly Statement and use the ATM card and PIN number to ID the customer at bank counter instead of the passbook. 

NOTE:  At Krungsri Bank the FCD accounts have no passbook and only monthly statement. There is a Bank card to ID the customer  account and another optional ATM debit card if you want to use ATM to get money in Thai bahts. 

So they can do it !

Several of "them" have discovered this. Perhaps it's more a case of discovering that they have discovered it and customers discovering that different types of account are available at different banks. Bangkok Bank for example have such a "statement account" and you need to take your Be1st card and ID card to the counter to do what you mention

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Accounts/Pages/StatementSavings.aspx