Using current visa as proof of address for UK passport renewal

Bountyhuntr

Hi all,

Has anyone got a new passport using just their existing passport as proof of address / residence?

I have been on yearly extensions for several years now based upon my original Nonn-Imm visa for working and have heard this can be used as proof of residency / address in Thailand? If this is the case I will not go through the bother of translating my room contract etc. 

Cheers,

Liam

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

I have to renew mine in August. My current passport has no address information in it. How could I use it for proof of address?

Proof of residency (i.e visas and stamps) is enough but you do need two copies of the visa/stamp page afaik.

25 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Thanks for that. I thought they wanted proof of an address.

No, when I did mine I just took my passport with several copies of the visa page as informed to me by an HMPO. It took 2 weeks to get my passport back this last week.

From the Guidance notes on gov.uk website:

"All applicants must provide one document showing photo identity and one document as evidence of name and address and/or residency dated within the last year."

No, when I did mine I just took my passport with several copies of the visa page as informed to me by an HMPO. It took 2 weeks to get my passport back this last week.

From the Guidance notes on gov.uk website:

"All applicants must provide one document showing photo identity and one document as evidence of name and address and/or residency dated within the last year."

Thanks.

Archived