Best visa option for 29 days...

I see a lot of recent posts about people being refused visa exemptions on arrival and that new rules are in the wings.

I've been visiting Thailand at least once per year for the past few years.
I normally go for the 30 Day - Visa Exemption on arrival and stay less than 30 days.

Last year I stayed for 4 months, so before I left a 60 Day - SETV was made by post at the Thai embassy in London.
When that 60 Day - SETV expired, I went to Laos for a week and made another 60 Day - SETV at the Thai embassy in Vientiane.

When I land in Bangkok at the beginning of May this year I will have been back home in the UK for 6 months since that trip last year.

I'm only planning to stay 29 days this time round.

Option 1:
Make another 60 Day - SETV by post at the Thai embassy in London ...and run the slight risk of my passport being lost in the post about 2 weeks before I'm due to leave.

Option 2:
Rock up at immigration and hope for the best on a 30 Visa Exemption.

Thanks!

Note - if coming Visa Exempt (no visa in advance), the airline may want to see a ticket heading out of Thailand within 30-days.  Your plans fit this schedule, so just have that ticket ready to show to board your flight here. 

I agree with the other posters - you are unlikely to have any problem with Thai Immigration given your visit-history and time out-of-country.  In the unlikely event Thai Immigration asks questions, you can show your departing ticket as evidence you have plans to leave.  Also - Important - you should also have 10,000 Baht worth of cash or travelers checks on your person when entering Thailand.  Plastic doesn't count / won't help.  Having that money is a Legal Requirement for entering on Visa Exempt.  The money can be in any convertible currency - not just Baht.    With the cash and your outgoing ticket, you are set.

• Like 1