PM not happy although Songkran death toll has dropped

snoop1130

PM not happy although Songkran death toll has dropped

238_PM.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha said on Tuesday that he was not satisfied with the statistics of road accidents during the Songkran festival although death toll has dropped.

According to the statistics, altogether 3,690 road accidents took place during the Songkran festival from April 11-17, leaving 390 people dead and 3,808 injured. Although the death toll this year was 52 lower compared to last year’s, the number of injured increased by 36.

The cabinet today discussed the road accident statistics and the causes of the accidents as well as necessary measures to be adopted to better improve road safety.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-not-happy-although-songkran-death-toll-dropped/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-4-18

I should bloody well hope he isn't satisfied. Too many dead, too many injured, too many accidents, too much drink driving, too much speeding.

I haven't witnessed firsthand the polices efforts across the country, but the statistics suggest their performance was pretty piss poor.

"Dr Thanapong Chinwong, manager of Road Safety Centre, attributed the drop in death toll during this year’s Songkran festival to the tightening up of road safety by authorities concerned such as close monitoring of speeding, strict enforcement of seat belt and limitation on the number of passengers on the back of pickup trucks."

What a load of garbage. Another sad sycophant spouts the Junta line. 80% of crashes (I will not use the word accident) were motorcycles and a high percentage were drunk driving etc.

There is, as I see it, no evidence to sustantiate this claim.

5 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

"Dr Thanapong Chinwong, manager of Road Safety Centre, attributed the drop in death toll during this year’s Songkran festival to the tightening up of road safety by authorities concerned such as close monitoring of speeding, strict enforcement of seat belt and limitation on the number of passengers on the back of pickup trucks."

What a load of garbage. Another sad sycophant spouts the Junta line. 80% of crashes (I will not use the word accident) were motorcycles and a high percentage were drunk driving etc.

There is, as I see it, no evidence to sustantiate this claim.

Sometimes u just get lucky? A few less yaba ute drivers on the road?

A truly sad event every year for fatalities on the road. Hope they can work it out.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I should bloody well hope he isn't satisfied. Too many dead, too many injured, too many accidents, too much drink driving, too much speeding.

I haven't witnessed firsthand the polices efforts across the country, but the statistics suggest their performance was pretty piss poor.

Nothing Police or new law enforcement can do about this, that is the entire problem.... this PM and his police officers should be educated first and after that the drivers... could take several years, but would improve the situation, as education is the main problem (a lack thereof)

As we all we carry on saying every year !! What about the other 358 day s of the year when approx 80 people die daily ! Is he happy about that then as seems road deaths only matter at Songkran and Our New Year !

Of course he's not happy. Thais are idiots with little to no common sense.  I bet the PM is banging his head against the wall wondering how he can educate the masses so they don't kill each other during this supposed joyous time of year.  Tragically avoidable deaths.