Would you buy a TV at MBK ?

SurinBeach

Hi

I'm looking at buying at 65" LED 4k TV....(BTW dont really need 4k yet but most/all 65" tend to be 4K)

I've seen a model in a not too large or well know shop on Lazada which is based out of MBK, they seem to have plenty of stock, just 3 of the model I'm interested in.

It's a 2016 model : an LG 65uh615t

I'm a bit concerned as the price is 39k thb when everywhere else the price is around 50k +

Returned/Refurb-ed model perhaps ?

Any thoughts or experiences ?

Think I'll pop down anyways tomorrow to have a gander !

Cheers

SB....

PS the shop is AV Value MBK ....

The thing I would worry about is if there are any dead pixels on the tv... they are not considers a defect but can really be a pain - I would buy from a place where you can see the tv screen running before you buy... take a USB flash drive with two high resolution .jpgs - one totally white and another totally black - this will allow you to see if there are any dead pixels

Edited by sfokevin

I bought my LG 65 inch OLED at Av Value in 2016. The cheapest price I found elsewhere was 139,000 baht, AV Value charged 129,000 baht. I dealt directly with the owner (cant recall his name). Delivery was done in 2 hours by an experienced staff and setup was excellent. A good buy. I also bought several other things with them, among them a expensive Sony headphone. Also here no problems. AV Value has been there for years and used to be an exclusive Sony dealer but since a couple of years they started also to sell other brands.

Thanks SniffDog .....

Well I was on my way to AV Value at MBK, stopped on the Skytrain to change at Siam, popped into Paragon Powermall on the 5th or 6th floor and saw the http://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/lg-65UH615T TV for 45K thb, ie about 5k dearer but as hadnt seen your posting just felt safer buying it from a larger retailer for an extra 10%.

Got 700thb back in Vouchers that the GF spent on hair straighteners !

And a shed load of points that I could spend on something else I imagine ....

Cheers

SB