VIDEO: Ambitious snake attacks man on motorbike

webfact

VIDEO: Ambitious snake attacks man on motorbike

By Coconuts Bangkok

sn.jpg

LAMPANG: -- In this short but popular video clip, a very determined snake attempted to pull off an epic attack by darting at a speeding motorcyclist on the road.

Luckily, the man dodged the bite as the serpent fell flat on the ground was possibly run over by an oncoming car.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/video-ambitious-snake-attacks-man-motorbike/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-04-19

22 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I initially presumed it to be a cobra, but I don't know that they attack in that manner.

It threw it's whole body at the threat! 

Perhaps a rat snake?

Or a dead <deleted> snake as the car with the dash cam must of run it over.

That has happened in front of me before and usually a snake with that kind of gusto is either a Cobra or King Cobra.

I have been face to face with a juvenile King Cobra before.  It was about 25 meters in front of me as I was walking on the grass.

Its erect body part was about 50cm and and because it was still young the underbelly color was still yellowish green so at first I thought it was a tall solitary plant but I was suspicious because a single large green blade of grass in the middle of the lawn looks odd.

When I saw it move a bit I knew it was snake and starting to back pedal slowly.  When the snake started to wind down instead of slithering away it started slithering towards me.  Talk about aggressive.  I had no time to notice which way it went after I started my sprint!

I was driving across the Nullabor some time ago.

In the not too distant ahead of me I noticed a frill-necked lizard, 

in the middle of the road looking at me in it's aggressive mode.

Luckily it was safe between the wheels as I drove over it..