Cambodian Visa Information Please Help...

I'll be flying into Siem Reap from Canada with a stopover in China.  I'm a 65 year old Canadian wishing to live in Cambodia long term.  Should I get the electronic 30 day visa online?   Or should I fill out the Visa card they hand out on the plane for visa on arrival?   They are good for only one 30 day renewal., but I need the ordinary/business visa good for a year long renewal if I wish. 

I read that the electronic/or on plane tourist Visa is $30.00   and the ordinary/business Visa is $35.00.   I've read about the costs of renewal. Something like $300.00 for one year.

Can the electronic online 30 day tourist visa be changed to a ordinary/business Visa when in country?  The 30 day tourist visa/electronic visa can only be extended once.. for a further 30 days.  I need the Visa that can be extended for a year.  

Not sure what to do...... please help ...and thank you..     I'm just not sure what to do.   Thank you. 

Apply for a "ordinary visa on arrival"   cost $35  valid for 30days

ONLINE visa is ONLY tourist visa- can not be changed

than go to just about ANY travel agent in town and ask for a ER 1 year extension( 1 years extension cause ur retired- over 50)  around $285.

good for multiple re entries

IF u apply for a year year EB visa ( for Working/Business), u might in the future need show a work permit which u cant get UNLESS ur working..

Right now there are no conditions for getting a ER extension.

As above - get ordinary visa on arrival at airport, not evisa.

Make sure the agent you use understands you want extension for retirement (ER). These are fairly new. A little under $300 for 12 months with unlimited re-entries.

Also make sure you tell them at visa counter at the airport you want ordinary, not tourist, visa. And have a passport photo with you (you will also need one for the 12 month extension).

On 4/19/2017 at 10:51 PM, phuketrichard said:

than go to just about ANY travel agent in town and ask for a ER 1 year extension( 1 years extension cause ur retired- over 50)  around $285.

IF u apply for a year year EB visa ( for Working/Business), u might in the future need show a work permit which u cant get UNLESS ur working..

Thank you both very much for your information.   I fly out of Canada May 22.   Question:  What are "supporting documents" ? 

When I look at Cambodian Embassy website, it says this...  :   

Requirements for obtaining an ordinary(Business) visa into Cambodia 

* A completed visa application form
* A Passport with at least 6months validity.
* One recent photograph (2 inches x 2 inches.)
* Appropriate visa fee (US$40)
* Supporting documents                     (My question... what are "Supporting documents"?   Or do they not ask? )

• 1 year later...

Yes to all the above and currently requires nothing but your passport and a form filled out.

Presumably there is an age requirement but passport suffices for that. I have not gotten a clrar answer on age though. 60 and up for sure. Not clear re 50-59.

Requirements may tighten in future but for now no need to show proof of funds or income

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 11/21/2018 at 6:18 AM, gk10002000 said:

So the extension due to retirement is ~ 300 USD?  And is good for 12 months.  Is that a multi re-entry?  And can one keep doing extension due to retirement for many years?  What sort of documentation does that extension require? 

Supporting docs are only required for people under 55. The docs need to show that you have your own income and are not going to work in KoW. They need to be signed by your Embassy. More info is better than not much. 

12 hours ago, my friend I said:

Supporting docs are only required for people under 55. The docs need to show that you have your own income and are not going to work in KoW. They need to be signed by your Embassy. More info is better than not much. 

Thanks, good to know. So under 55's can also get retirement visa if they can show the income. Over 55, no income documentation currently needed.

• 5 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, my friend I said:

Hmmmm.  Wondering if there is any sort of embassy letter such as Thailand USA embassies used to give for income method?  If not, any idea what type of documentation they would accept?  I would have several sources, dividend, interest statements, past income values, projected income etc, from my bank and broker.  And my bank Etrade said they would issue a letter saying the estimated amounts are true and factual for the next year(s).   I doubt the Cambodians would understand all of that, but I would be willing to provide it

US Embassy in Thailand only used to provide a "statuatory declaration". Basically a witnessed sworn staement from you that you have X income, with no checking of documents by them. Which is why TI stopped accepting them.

You'd have to check with US Emb Phnom Penh to see what they do but may well be the same. In which case I suggest you make your statement as specific as podsible i.e. "income of X from Source(s) X" and have back up documentation for it. Even if Embassy doesn't ask for it, Camb Imm might.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/20/2017 at 9:51 AM, phuketrichard said:

I believe it's called an ES VISA (extended stay). ES, ER, EOS all bandied about on assorted websites.

My pal has one but I didn't really notice if it said ES or ER.

The agent's know what you need, hi I'm over 55 and want to stay here for a year, here's my passport and $300.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:18 AM, gk10002000 said:

So the extension due to retirement is ~ 300 USD?  And is good for 12 months.  Is that a multi re-entry?  And can one keep doing extension due to retirement for many years?  What sort of documentation does that extension require? 

Yes, multi entry no need to leave at any time in the year unless you want to.

You just buy another 1 year VISA at the end of the first, no need to leave the country.

Over 55, the only documentation you need is the $300 for the agent.

Officially I believe you need a letter stating your name, address, nationality and income.

But the agent just types that out and you may be asked to thumbprint it.

On 11/21/2018 at 12:54 PM, Sheryl said:

Yes to all the above and currently requires nothing but your passport and a form filled out.
Presumably there is an age requirement but passport suffices for that. I have not gotten a clrar answer on age though. 60 and up for sure. Not clear re 50-59.
Requirements may tighten in future but for now no need to show proof of funds or income

Age is over 55 for no financials.

Unlikely to tighten up the rules in the near future as they only introduced the ES (ER?) VISA in 2017.

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Hmmmm.  Wondering if there is any sort of embassy letter such as Thailand USA embassies used to give for income method?  If not, any idea what type of documentation they would accept?  I would have several sources, dividend, interest statements, past income values, projected income etc, from my bank and broker.  And my bank Etrade said they would issue a letter saying the estimated amounts are true and factual for the next year(s).   I doubt the Cambodians would understand all of that, but I would be willing to provide it

If under 55, you might get a Cambodian retirement visa just by showing funds in a bank account.  Be careful sharing any banking or financial information in Cambodia.

ER visa extension. The new retirement visa extension is meant for those of retirement age who can show documentation of retirement in their home country (such as a pension or Social Security) and prove that they have the funds to support themselves. ER visa extensions are usually only granted to those who are 55 and up, but some have reported being able to get one at a younger age. Those 55 and up are not usually asked to show evidence of retirement, but those under 55 will be asked. Often, proof of savings is enough.  The criteria for those under 55 have not been defined and varies depending on which agent you use to apply. The ER visa extension cannot be used if the visa holder is employed, but holders of this visa extension do not need to get a work permit. The ER retirement visa extension can be issued for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.

https://www.movetocambodia.com/planning-your-move-to-cambodia/cambodia-visas/

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2017 at 9:51 AM, phuketrichard said:

hi, is this still true?

Is it $35 plus some "processing fee"?

Do they take baht or dollars only?

Can you do it on any Thai-Cambodian border post?

Is it possible, desireable to get an "E? visa" on arrival to convert later, instead of a T visa?

$35 no extra fees.  $$$$ are used...... VOA ordinary visa.. dont even need a photo now>
next day take it to an agent to get ur extension, if over 55  ER

if under an EG ( looking for work only good for 6 months)
If u get a job EB

Tourist visa can ONLY be extended for 30 day

silly question... Is the border at aranyaprather/poipet open at weekends? i want to go across and back with the th mrs., she wants to drive us over and back, same day. she as a uk licence with an idp for thailand.. i think i read that cambodia doesn't accept idp. will a uk driving licence and a thai driver draw any attention?

Huge parking lot as you approach the Poi Pet border on your right, only 100 meters to immigration.  ZERO reason to take ur car to Cambodia for the day!!!

Cambodia immigration will most likely charge you 300 baht if u cross back the same day (over the 1,500 for the visa)

so... drive for 2-3 hours to Chanthaburi or Surin and pay $35, or an extra $5 if paying in Thai Baht

or... drive for 20-30 minutes to Rongkluea and pay 1,800 ($60) to go Poipet for an hour?

hmm... I wonder if there's any long-term benefit in getting a one-year multi-entry Cambodian visa...

Archived