Srisuwan released from military custody, vows to press for probe into missing plaque

webfact

Srisuwan released from military custody, vows to press for probe into missing plaque
By The Nation

6b91dfb4bb457fc70f480350189da5b3.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Activist Srisuwan Janya has vowed to continue his campaign to seek an investigation into the disappearance of the historic plaque, or Mud Khana Ratsadon, after being detained for 12 hours by the military.

Security personnel apprehended Srisuwan, secretary-general of the Association to Protect the Thai Constitution, while he was waiting at the complaint receiving centre opposite Government House on Tuesday. Srisuwan had gone there to submit a petition to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, urging him to investigate how the 1932 Siamese Revolution memorial plaque had gone missing. 

He was released on Tuesday night after being detained at the 11th Army Circle from 10am to 10pm.

After his release on Tuesday night, Srisuwan said he was told by military personnel not to make any move that could stir up conflicts or prevent the country from reconciliation. 

“But I insist, I will continue to urge the PM to investigate this matter. I have the right [to do] because the new Constitution has already been promulgated, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30312663

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-19

"“But I insist, I will continue to urge the PM to investigate this matter. I have the right [to do] because the new Constitution has already been promulgated, he said."

'The new constitution is for us not you, sunshine.'

Brave man. I take my hat off to him.

Brave man. But I get the feeling if he pushes too hard he'll get the Pai Dao Din treatment.

This "government"is clearly not interested in mass public appeasement and knows a new scandal will overshadow this latest one soon enough.

The "authorities" are doing a fine job of sowing discontent with their gentrification drives and crackdowns on the poor. They're too stupid to realize it will.bite them and people will rise up before they starve / become destitute.

By the turn of 2018 i think the pot will be ready to blow... But certainly not before then

25 minutes ago, webfact said:

Srisuwan had gone there to submit a petition to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, urging him to investigate how the 1932 Siamese Revolution memorial plaque had gone missing. 

He was released on Tuesday night after being detained at the 11th Army Circle from 10am to 10pm.

After his release on Tuesday night, Srisuwan said he was told by military personnel not to make any move that could stir up conflicts or prevent the country from reconciliation. 

Anyone still has a question as to what happened to the plaque and who did it?

"After his release on Tuesday night, Srisuwan said he was told by military personnel not to make any move that could stir up conflicts or prevent the country from reconciliation."

So the police think that reporting vandalism of a national monument, reporting theft of public property, and, worst of all, expecting the police to do their job will stir up conflicts and prevent reconciliation.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

What, like removing plaques that he doesn't approve of, sort of thing?

Yeah, let's hope he doesn't do anything like that, eh.

Edited by Bluespunk

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“But I insist, I will continue to urge the PM to investigate this matter. I have the right [to do] because the new Constitution has already been promulgated, he said.

As a half measure, why doesn't the Army just replace the new plaque with a copy of the old one until it can be found?  How do people reconcile with a government that willingly ignores a desecration of Thai history ?  This is an example where elected leaders are preferable. 

28 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

As a half measure, why doesn't the Army just replace the new plaque with a copy of the old one until it can be found?  How do people reconcile with a government that willingly ignores a desecration of Thai history ?  This is an example where elected leaders are preferable. 

As the PM said history means little to him even though in time he will be in that category. He wants the focus on him and his glorious rule forget the past its gone done finished in his eyes. Its to bad they do not have a politician walk of shame here he would qualify and I would like to go there and stamp my feet. 

You have to love this guy.The Junta stick in place a bunch of rules that suit them, but one of them legally allows him to insist they say what happened to the plaque.

I wish him the best of luck and hope he uses Prayuts own laws to give him the shafting he deserves.

Who laid the original plaque? The People Party. It was an act of vandalism.

Who replaced the original plaque with a new one? Persons unknown. It was an act of vandalism.

Is this how the new history books will portray it? Two acts of vandalism, 65 years apart, committed by unknown people.

1 hour ago, Puccini said:

Who laid the original plaque? The People Party. It was an act of vandalism.

Who replaced the original plaque with a new one? Persons unknown. It was an act of vandalism.

Is this how the new history books will portray it? Two acts of vandalism, 65 years apart, committed by unknown people.

Correction: not persons unknown, but a person by the name of Phraya Phahol Phonphayuhasena – perpetrator of the first coup d'état in Thailand – put the original plaque there in 1936. As he did so during the the time he was Prime Minister, is was perhaps not an act of vandalism.

Source: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/979231-missing-historical-plaque-is-not-an-antique-says-fine-arts-department/

Edited by Puccini