Question, please

Hello, I have something to ask because I am not sure

I know somebody who asked an O-A multientries visa on 12/7 2016 ; she entered Thailand on 8/9/2016 , out of Thailand on 19/10/2016 , entered on 18/01/207

it's writtent in her passport : stay untill 17/1/2018  , normal ; and now, what can she do ? going out of Thailand again and can she stay in Thailand after 17/1/2018 or she must have an extension of stay 

thanks, I ask because I have a small argument about this with somebody else 

If she exits and re-enters before the "Enter Before date (expiry date)" she will get a permission to stay stamp for a further year from the re-entry date.

If she wants to leave and re-enter during that last year she will need a re-entry permit from her local Immi office.

Before that last permission to stay expires she can apply for a one year extension based on retirement at her local Immi office, if she meets the financial requirements.

Rinse and repeat annually without need to leave the Kingdom.

• Like 1

She will need to leave on or before 17/1/18 or apply for an extension of stay.

If the visa was issued on 12/7/16 it expires on 11/7/17. If she leaves and re-enters anytime before the visa expires she will get another 1 year permit to stay.

If she left and re-entered on the 11/7/17 she would be able to stay untill 10/7/18. 

20 minutes ago, Aforek said:

maximum date is 10/7/2018 ? after this date she has to get an extension and re-entry permit ?

Yes it's the maximum date IF the visa expires on 11/7/17  (midnight) and she makes an entry on 11/7/17.

A re-entry permit would be needed for any exit/entries between the visa expiring (11/7/17) and the permit to stay expiring 10/7/18.

To stay after 10/7/18 would require an extension of stay, and re-entry permits would be needed for exits if she wants to keep her extension of stay alive.