A question for condo dwellers

tropo

Please keep it civil and stop with bickering.   I would question the sanity of people  who keep moving their furniture around, by the way.  

Again, keep it civil and stay on topic.  

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my tiny shoebox, most of the furniture is nailed to the floor or wall. Same with the neigjbours. The girlfriend's snoring sometimes keeps me awake, and a few others I dare say.

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sorry my friend but you continue with a false statement. Difficult for you to admit you are wrong?

You said "no matter where you live people below you will be able to hear moving furniture".  Well, I have neighbors all around me and hear nothing.

Still not happy? :sad: Means nothing. As I said, maybe they just haven't moved any while you're there and it's perfectly quiet. Or they're careful when they do. One advantage of living in a condo in a resort area is that owners are often absent and most aren't renting out their condos. As I said, it normally happens infrequently anyway, though Thais seem to enjoy it more often.

But, I live at The Base new quality construction by a reputable builder. Come and check it out it is a nice quiet place.

There are places here that don't have noise.  But it takes some research and vetting to figure it out.

Good luck I hope you can sleep at night with all that racket above you.

I think I've noticed furniture moving above me maybe twice in all the years I've lived at my present location, never at night, and it was done within a reasonable time. As I said earlier, which you ignored, my place is quiet & safe. And I'm perfectly happy right here for a number of reasons and glad I bought. Note that I have no interest in your living conditions, such as they are; I doubt tropo does either. Sorry; as I also said earlier, you aren't going to make owners unhappy by claiming they're unhappy. Pretty silly, ain't it? Renters love trying that for some reason.

In the end the point is moot for you anyway. Nor is tropo moving to The Base. And tropo has said he's gonna be careful about his furniture moving. Nor can I imagine tropo moving furniture around at night, which is the only furniture moving issue of consequence.

Again, as I said, we'll simply need to agree to disagree on the issue. Are we done? Cheers! :smile:

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

You said "no matter where you live people below you will be able to hear moving furniture".  Well, I have neighbors all around me and hear nothing.

But, I live at The Base new quality construction by a reputable builder. Come and check it out it is a nice quiet place.

There are places here that don't have noise.  But it takes some research and vetting to figure it out.

You hear nothing because there is nothing to hear. The people below me hear nothing either. Why? Because I dont make any noise. But if your neighbours started moving furniture around at 3am you would surely hear it, as would mine if I started line dancing in my sleep.

As far as I know no condo building in Thailand is immune to this because none have proper sound insulation. Vetting and research will not help you much because today's silent neighbour could easily be replaced by a noisy one tomorrow. The only thing that research can help with is finding a building where short-term rentals are forbidden and this should remove one sort of undesirable neighbour.

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, bkk6060 said:

So not true.... I hear nothing. If one lives in a modern well built building you will hear nothing.  Older cheap/cheaply built properties can and will be noisy for sure.  Common sense would tell one that proper vetting is in order prior to occupancy.

Uh? Old ones noisy?? I am living in a +25 yo condo and so happy by the way they were doing construction at this time. Floor and walls are strong and thick, and noise in my condo is absolutely not a problem. Me happy. :smile:

At the opposite, many modern condos in Pattaya are built very cheap, and sure you do hear the TV of your neighbour! :sad:

I know one retired guy who had bought a nice unit in Centric for him to live here, but he sold after only 6 month, because of the poor insulation... And Centric was not cheap!:mellow:

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? Old ones noisy?? I am living in a +25 yo condo and so happy by the way they were doing construction at this time. Floor and walls are strong and thick, and noise in my condo is absolutely not a problem. Me happy. :smile:

At the opposite, many modern condos in Pattaya are built very cheap, and sure you do hear the TV of your neighbour! :sad:

I know one retired guy who had bought a nice unit in Centric for him to live here, but he sold after only 6 month, because of the poor insulation... And Centric was not cheap!:mellow:

All the condos from indian developers are extreme noisy because of their cardboard walls.atlantis.carebean venetian.

Archived