Wiring photo sensors to electric gate how?

kannot

Making no sense to me is the wiring diagram as I dont know the terms  used on the circuit  boards, photos  attached  sensor  1 has  2  terminals but  no + or- written on them just vcc and gnd so what do they mean 

Photos  of main board and the two different photo sensors  attached .

Is  "gnd" 0 volts ie   -     and whats vcc? or  assume +? would help if  the sensors had + and- on but they dont even though all made  by same co. who make the gate  motor.

The second sensor with 4  terminals again has gnd, vcc, ir and "out" whats "out"? doesnt say that on the sensor it says gnd vcc ir and com? assume com is+? confused anyway.

Help appreciated................using 4  core .65mm phone  cable as its  all the shop had? or  should I use  some cat 5 cable? is in trunking underground and can easily pull the stuff thru

sensor (1).jpg

sensor (2).jpg

wiring diagram.jpg

15 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Good you got it. Vcc is the supply voltage which can be negative or positive depending on what logic gates are used in the circuit + Vcc is positive supply volts and - Vcc is negative supply volts.
IR should be the Infra Red detector.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Erm No I dont have it  at all???????? and "gnd"

Via GOOGLE:

VCC stands for "voltage at the common collector." The letter "V" on a circuit stands for the supply voltage. The letters "CC" indicate that the supply voltage is positive or negative.

On the two boards, VCC and GND connections get wired to the VCC+ and VCC- (or 18+ and GND in the diagram)

On the one board, IR and COM connections (COM and OUT in the diagram) get wired to GND and IR   ...though this seems reversed, I believe it is a 'dry' connection (acting as a relay switch) so shouldn't matter.

2 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Via GOOGLE:

On the two boards, VCC and GND connections get wired to the VCC+ and VCC- (or 18+ and GND in the diagram)

On the one board, IR and COM connections (COM and OUT in the diagram) get wired to GND and IR   ...though this seems reversed, I believe it is a 'dry' connection (acting as a relay switch) so shouldn't matter.

Thanks

On 4/20/2017 at 8:05 PM, RichCor said:

Via GOOGLE:

Big  Thanks goes  out to YOU, wired it  all up this  morning, got the gate  working and all set up then connected the ir sensors and...........................ZILCH, gate wouldnt  open or  close but can here the sensors  clicking so know they are doing there job.....................

YOU were right when you said it seemed strange for "IR" and  "Com" to be reversed............ swapped them around and bingo............

Their wiring diagram is incorrect................. Chinese, "IR" goes to IR terminal not as they have it drawn.........if u r  down near here anytime  call in, Pranburi area

Many thanks anyway:thumbsup:

Good that you took the risk and swapped the wire positions.

It should have been a simple open relay connection (making the connection when the IR beam was broken.  But maybe there's a diode in the circuit that only allows the 'sense' current to flow one direction through the IR Board circuit.

Glad you got it working.

Archived