True T V gone down hill

johnmcc6

I have got Chris to add Sky sport 1 and 2 to catchup, he said it will take 7 days to receive the full 7 days catchup. He said he will add some more next week.

Been getting a little bit of buffering tonight.
The big test is the weekend football and that will mean subscribing for a month.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

Been getting a little bit of buffering tonight.
The big test is the weekend football and that will mean subscribing for a month.

But didn't you say previously

14 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

Unfortunately the free trial does not include weekends, so unable to trial the football.

Edit : I'm a bit slow, and see you mean you will have to subscribe for a month to test it.

I suggest talk to Chris, I think he's active in this thread. :whistling:

If you don't get it yet what Chris is doing. He's using free streams, add them to his server, then sells subscriptions to that server. And that is why even on a Monday you get buffering and the rest of the week no load at all.

A paid subscription doesn't buffer, if they use their own streams. Believe me, I can proof you.

Edited by janclaes47

8 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

But didn't you say previously

Unfortunately the free trial does not include weekends, so unable to trial the football.

Edit : I'm a bit slow, and see you mean you will have to subscribe for a month to test it.

I suggest talk to Chris, I think he's active in this thread. :whistling:

If you don't get it yet what Chris is doing. He's using free streams, add them to his server, then sells subscriptions to that server. And that is why even on a Monday you get buffering and the rest of the week no load at all.

A paid subscription doesn't buffer, if they use their own streams. Believe me, I can proof you.

As far as I know he would be paying someone for those streams.

I know Flawless does.

Chris is using the same streams as Flawless.

Hopefully having his server in Thailand should make it more stable.

3 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

As far as I know he would be paying someone for those streams.

I know Flawless does.

Chris is using the same streams as Flawless.

Hopefully having his server in Thailand should make it more stable.

Because he has the same channels doesn't mean he uses the same stream, if he does his channel list would look identical from start to end, as they can't change the position from the channels in the panel.

I have no experience with Flawless, but I know from someone who has used Chris' trial that the channels don't load, and if he's able to cut the subscription price by 2/3rd that makes me very suspicious that he uses streams he catches from the free addons.

Or may be he has a flawless sub and resell it to multiple users

Anyway, the subscription I use doesn't buffer, not on weekdays nor on weekends, and the server is not located in Thailand.

Edited by janclaes47

Because he has the same channels doesn't mean he uses the same stream, if he does his channel list would look identical from start to end, as they can't change the position from the channels in the panel.

I have no experience with Flawless, but I know from someone who has used Chris' trial that the channels don't load, and if he's able to cut the subscription price by 2/3rd that makes me very suspicious that he uses streams he catches from the free addons.

Or may be he has a flawless sub and resell it to multiple users

Anyway, the subscription I use doesn't buffer, not on weekdays nor on weekends, and the server is not located in Thailand.

The logo on the streams are the same.
To be honest I do not give a toss where he gets them from as long as they work.

Only one way to find out is to give it a try.

Just now, Phuket Man said:

The logo on the streams are the same.
To be honest I do not give a toss where he gets them from as long as they work.

Only one way to find out is to give it a try.

Keep us updated how it works, because it may be interesting to many on this forum.

True is <deleted>. Watch new programmes for a week then see them repeated for the following three weeks. Constant interruptions advertising the channels. 

The World has moved on. Streaming, torrents and netflix is way ahead and far better value.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but..   Why would anyone subscribe to Truvision for football?  Channel 36 shows MUCH more and it's free.

What is Channel 36?

I guess if you don't have a decent internet connection, Truevisions is the only way to get the Barclay's Premier League.

What is Channel 36?

I guess if you don't have a decent internet connection, Truevisions is the only way to get the Barclay's Premier League.

Unless they show my team live every week it would be a total waste of money.

27 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

Just got a response so will give it a month.

Yeah, I think it is a great set up, and now he has put Sky sports 1& 2 on catch up, if he puts Sky sports 3 & 4, which he said he will, it will be ideal for me. 

Don't really understand why people want to pay for sports catch up, because every football game from at least the last 2 months, the whole 2016 and 2017 season from F1 and Moto Gp, or any other major sports discipline is available for free and in HD on Kodi.

8 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Don't really understand why people want to pay for sports catch up, because every football game from at least the last 2 months, the whole 2016 and 2017 season from F1 and Moto Gp, or any other major sports discipline is available for free and in HD on Kodi.

Probably because we can't be bothered faffing around trying to find it.

As you seem reluctant to tell us which add ons you use I shall carry on doing it the easy way.

Too many dead links on Kodi.

"Flame" posts removed.Keep it civil please.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

When I started this thread complaining about True , one of the reasons was there were  too many  similar shows such as cooking contests or making knives . I also did not like  the massive number of sport channels. Every sport known to man seems to part of true  T V's gold package. Many posters here seem to want sports channels as a must for who they choose for a provider. If you want sports, get True gold. I personally am not interested in the bulk of it . I watch Australian state of origin and that's about it. I think many events are live but not sure.

1 hour ago, johnmcc6 said:

When I started this thread complaining about True , one of the reasons was there were  too many  similar shows such as cooking contests or making knives . I also did not like  the massive number of sport channels. Every sport known to man seems to part of true  T V's gold package. Many posters here seem to want sports channels as a must for who they choose for a provider. If you want sports, get True gold. I personally am not interested in the bulk of it . I watch Australian state of origin and that's about it. I think many events are live but not sure.

So have you looked at the other topics in this forum on alternatives to TrueVisions or are you still paying for an expensive rubbish service?

I am one who recently turfed out TrueVisions and got a streaming Android box.

Aussie rules football, NRL, movies, documentaries, nearly all the channels I used to have on my Platinum TrueVison subscription and more.

I am now a very happy chappie. :smile:

I too would love to bin this Truerubbish that we have, gold package. Unfortunately, the wonderful world of fibre optic Internet has yet to reach us out here in the back of beyond.

I do have Mobdro installed on both phone and tablet and when the wind is blowing in the right direction,  kids are in school and the absolute minimum users in the area are using their smartphones, I can sometimes watch a programme.

Any pointers on any alternatives until the 21st century reaches us ?

Just now, SweatySock said:

I too would love to bin this Truerubbish that we have, gold package. Unfortunately, the wonderful world of fibre optic Internet has yet to reach us out here in the back of beyond.

I do have Mobdro installed on both phone and tablet and when the wind is blowing in the right direction,  kids are in school and the absolute minimum users in the area are using their smartphones, I can sometimes watch a programme.

Any pointers on any alternatives until the 21st century reaches us ?

You don't need Fibre optics, any internet connection with a 7-8 Mb download to European servers will be fine to watch everything for free.

Test your speed with testmy.net and select UK- London server.

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

You don't need Fibre optics, any internet connection with a 7-8 Mb download to European servers will be fine to watch everything for free.

Test your speed with testmy.net and select UK- London server.

Thanks for the info. Just run the test and the results are staggering (ly slow) - Download 349 kbps and Upload 265 kbps.

Guess I'm stuck with Truerubbish for a while longer.

4 minutes ago, SweatySock said:

Thanks for the info. Just run the test and the results are staggering (ly slow) - Download 349 kbps and Upload 265 kbps.

Guess I'm stuck with Truerubbish for a while longer.

I gave you a like for your reply, don't think I liked the situation you are in. LOL

18 minutes ago, SweatySock said:

:cheesy:

That just ticked my funny bone.

Sorry, I don't wish to seem rude but I do feel genuinely sorry for you mate with that crappy connectivity. :sad:

On 4/28/2017 at 0:01 PM, Encid said:

So have you looked at the other topics in this forum on alternatives to TrueVisions or are you still paying for an expensive rubbish service?

Aussie rules football, NRL, movies, documentaries, nearly all the channels I used to have on my Platinum TrueVison subscription and more.

Sounds good. I am in Chiangmai. Where did you get yours , name of box, price etc would be great if you can post it.

On 28/04/2017 at 3:01 PM, Encid said:

How are you accessing Aussie rules? I am having limited success through Kodi and Mobdro. But cannot get all the games.

6 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

How are you accessing Aussie rules? I am having limited success through Kodi and Mobdro. But cannot get all the games.

The AFL Video addon

ee4c72e33826060de0630256b7e356_icon.png

It requires an AFL pass if you want to watch the live games, but the replays (which are added right after the games have finished) are freely accessible if you use a Australian VPN.

I have been told that you can get a free account if you have a Telstra phone subscription but I haven't tried that out yet.

I believe it can only be viewed outside Australia.