True T V gone down hill

johnmcc6

I have a True T V gold package . It's great if you want to learn how to forge knives, train dogs or watch cooking contests but aside from every sports show known there is little to view unless you love last years re runs. Are there any alternatives that do better? At this stage my computer leaves True T V for dead and it's free! I know there are others but how many English programs do they have. Any suggestions?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ExpatTV is by far the best option if you're British. Easy to use (unlike Kodi), 11 days catch-up (unlike other systems), local servers so buffering is rare if non existent, and decent picture quality (unlike free Android apps).

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

ExpatTV is by far the best option if you're British. Easy to use (unlike Kodi), 11 days catch-up (unlike other systems), local servers so buffering is rare if non existent, and decent picture quality (unlike free Android apps).

Pulse TV is very similar. It has more channel choice and movies on demand, including new releases, but only 24-hour catch-up.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Pulse TV is very similar. It has more channel choice and movies on demand, including new releases, but only 24-hour catch-up.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The only online service I've used that had a high enough quality for movies is Netflix HD, so I download torrents for them.

Do Pulse have their servers in Thailand?

Also, for us, 24 hours catch-up isn't long enough, as we'd miss too many things we like to watch. Fine if one has most of the day free I would imagine.

The only online service I've used that had a high enough quality for movies is Netflix HD, so I download torrents for them.

Do Pulse have their servers in Thailand?

Also, for us, 24 hours catch-up isn't long enough, as we'd miss too many things we like to watch. Fine if one has most of the day free I would imagine.

Yes, their servers are in Thailand. 24 hour catch up is fine for me, but I can understand why it's too short for some. I tend to only use it to watch football and Match of the Day at a civilised time. I rarely watch movies.

Has anyone heard of this lot, they are saying they have cut subs from 10,000 a year to 4,100 with 7 day catch up?*

IPTVUK.CLUB

Subscription Prices SLASHED
Our Annual subscription was reduced from 10,000 Thai Baht (€275).

We then reduced it to 7,000 Baht (€193) 

BUT

Now we have SLASHED our subscription to only 4,100 Baht (€115)  per year!!!

Now with more than 3,000 TV Stations and over 1,000 Movies on Demand. Complete with 7 Day Catch-Up TV and Series Box Sets.

For more info email [email protected] or go to our website and subscribe http://iptvuk.club

Has anyone heard of this lot, they are saying they have cut subs from 10,000 a year to 4,100 with 7 day catch up?*

IPTVUK.CLUB
BUT
Now with more than 3,000 TV Stations and over 1,000 Movies on Demand. Complete with 7 Day Catch-Up TV and Series Box Sets.
For more info email [email protected] or go to our website and subscribe http://iptvuk.club

I might a have a butchers at their free trial of 2 weeks.

On 4/21/2017 at 11:48 AM, vogie said:

IPTVUK.CLUB

BUT

I have just received my 2 week free trial.

So far it looks pretty good.

Unfortunately the free trial does not include weekends, so unable to trial the football.

Saturday evenings are always the problem with all these services.

Guess I will have to purchase a month to try it out.

It also carries Thai Visa News. LOL.

Edited by Phuket Man

12 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

Unfortunately the free trial does not include weekends, so unable to trial the football.

Guess I will have to purchase a month to try it out.

Good to hear that. What have you got it installed on, Kodi or Android. I have to set my free trial up today. He said the app will change my Android box into a Mag box?

Edited by vogie

1 hour ago, Phuket Man said:

And you wondered why? .................Oh wait, you found out already :smile:

1 hour ago, Phuket Man said:

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:43 AM, JaseTheBass said:

Well I was born in the UK and lived most of my life in Australia so with the Australian ABC channel I have the best of both worlds.I would back the BBC and Sky news channels against anything else CNN,Fox etc etc.We were away for a mth so just renewed by subscription on return unlike True where you pay even you are not in the country.Regarding sport I get all the football (soccer) inc weekends ,I need plus Oz Rugby League and of course Union ,tennis etc with replay option.

Of course new systems/opportunities pop up almost weekly and I dont want to keep jumping ship but the days of being conned by True and CTH are far behind me.

Good to hear that. What have you got it installed on, Kodi or Android. I have to set my free trial up today. He said the app will change my Android box into a Mag box?

Download Stb Emu from the playstore.

Works on the Android box.

I am currently using Flawless which is great until Saturday evening.

Hopefully having the servers in Thailand will make a difference.

3 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

Download Stb Emu from the playstore.

Works on the Android box.

Yes I have done all that and have successfully achieved the EPG, but I can't get any programs to work, I have just emailed Chris to see if he has any ideas.

Yes I have done all that and have successfully achieved the EPG, but I can't get any programs to work, I have just emailed Chris to see if he has any ideas.

He sounds your best bet as mine works OK.
I just followed his instructions.

I'm going with the new AIS Fiber Optic TV Programming. Sign up for a year and they waive the  4000THB charge for the  fiber optic line to your house. Get the Platinum package for 799 THB p/m. This is a great package ten times better than TRUE and much cheaper.

33 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

He sounds your best bet as mine works OK.
I just followed his instructions.

Yes been playing with it and getting more familiar with it, got the programs to work now, have you managed to find the 7 day catchup menu? On first impressions it looks a good set up.

Yes been playing with it and getting more familiar with it, got the programs to work now, have you managed to find the 7 day catchup menu? On first impressions it looks a good set up.

Only a few channels. There is a clock icon next to the channel on EPG

10 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

Only a few channels. There is a clock icon next to the channel on IPG

Yes, got it all sussed now, chris sent me a directive how to operate, I think most channels have catch up, but he says if there are any channels you want adding he will do it for us. It seems you have mastered the catch up too, if you're not too sure can send you the instructions he sent me?

Yes, got it all sussed now, chris sent me a directive how to operate, I think most channels have catch up, but he says if there are any channels you want adding he will do it for us. It seems you have mastered the catch up too, if you're not too sure can send you the instructions he sent me?

Does not appear to be catchup on the sports channels. Would be great if there were.

10 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

This morning I sold a set top box to a foreigner who lives in Isaan and had tried the 2 week trial.

He said most of their stuff wasn't loading, so he decided to come have a look at my boxes, which are loaded with free stuff only.

There was not much talk needed to convince him that the free stuff was working much better than what he had experienced with his 2 week trial, and he's now a happy chappie on his way back to Isaan with a working media centre in his possession, and for which he doesn't have any subscription costs

6 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

Does not appear to be catchup on the sports channels. Would be great if there were.

I have got Chris to add Sky sport 1 and 2 to catchup, he said it will take 7 days to receive the full 7 days catchup. He said he will add some more next week.

Edited by vogie