Arisman jailed for one year for defaming Abhisit

webfact

Arisman jailed for one year for defaming Abhisit
By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Supreme Court on Friday upheld the Appeals Court’s conviction ruling against red-shirt leader Arisman Pongruangrong and sentenced him to one year in jail for defaming former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

The Supreme Court convicted Arisman on two counts of defamation – for defaming Abhisit on October 11, 2009 and on October 17, 2009 – when he addressed red-shirt protesters at the Democracy Monument and in front of the Government House. The speeches were also broadcast on People Channel satellite TV.

The court gave Arisman a six-month jail term for each count and declined to commute the penalty on the ground that he had also defamed the Royal institution.

Arisman was not present to hear the ruling as he is serving a four-year jail term after the Appeals Court convicted him for invading the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel in Pattaya to block the Asean Summit.

Arisman’s lawyer Supachai Chaosuankluay told The Nation that his defence team are in the process of appealing against the ruling in the Royal Cliff Beach case.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30312906

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-21

6 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Try escaping now using bedsheets tied together as you did in the SC Park hotel in 2010, fatso.:thumbsup:

Whilst approx. 300 cops surrounded the hotel and didn't notice him coming down the front of the building clumsily on the tied bed sheets with lots of uniformed cops on each floor of the hotel trying to assist his descent, all live on many TV channels plus the cops supposedly searching inside also couldn't find him and miraculously his get away car was not noticed by the cops.

Any wonder the cops are seen as a sick joke and under the control of the fled paymaster, and frightened of the same, and with lots of talk about being on his 'payroll'. 

Edited by scorecard

Jail for making comments but community service and 7 years of haggling in the courts to get the compensation reduced for killing a van load of people, then the redbull idiot who kills a copper and enjoys life to the max putting his two fingers up to the law in this neck of the woods. Can one of the js lovers explain that to me please.

18 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Jail for making comments but community service and 7 years of haggling in the courts to get the compensation reduced for killing a van load of people, then the redbull idiot who kills a copper and enjoys life to the max putting his two fingers up to the law in this neck of the woods. Can one of the js lovers explain that to me please.

Well first point, most of the court decisions and police actions you elude too (and yes quite troubling and lacking in balance) happened way before the latest coup.

Given that fact did you object when these decisions happened / were published? 

Scorecard said

Objecting being a Farang is not on, but commenting yes many times and as the latest court case was this week and last week on both, its current so as you said quite troubling and lacking in balance by those uptop

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Whilst approx. 300 cops surrounded the hotel and didn't notice him coming down the front of the building clumsily on the tied bed sheets with lots of uniformed cops on each floor of the hotel trying to assist his descent, all live on many TV channels plus the cops supposedly searching inside also couldn't find him and miraculously his get away car was not noticed by the cops.

Any wonder the cops are seen as a sick joke and under the control of the fled paymaster, and frightened of the same, and with lots of talk about being on his 'payroll'. 

But now the junta is in control, remember? So why haven't they sorted everything out? I mean, with article 44 and a government answerable to no one the junta still willfully ignore the "deficiencies" of the police. Maybe you, as a junta supporter, can explain?

33 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

He's a turd who should be in prison for other things. Meanwhile, the Red Bull turd must be packing up all his stuff for his imminent return and prison sentence. 

Don't be taking bets on this. If he is packing its to move on to the next jet set party. I am sure his passport is good to go as well. 

32 minutes ago, Becker said:

But now the junta is in control, remember? So why haven't they sorted everything out? I mean, with article 44 and a government answerable to no one the junta still willfully ignore the "deficiencies" of the police. Maybe you, as a junta supporter, can explain?

The great thing about being a junta supporter is you are accountable to no-one and you have the guns. So therefore no need to explain.

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Scorecard said

Objecting being a Farang is not on, but commenting yes many times and as the latest court case was this week and last week on both, its current so as you said quite troubling and lacking in balance by those uptop

Well you start off by copying part of my text, but then slyly divert, for your known convenience at the end - I didn't say 'those at the top! 

1 hour ago, Becker said:

Just a quick response becker - which way do you want it?

No matter what the general focused on you would criticize. 

'junta supporter', how quaint. If you were alert and honest you would have noticed that I (and others) you choose to label as junta supporters, junta lovers, junta huggers have made it very clear the current situation is way less then  than ideal, and more,

But that doesn't align to your purposes, that's clear. 

Edited by scorecard

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Just a quick response becker - which way do you want it?

No matter what the general focused on you would criticize. 

'junta supporter', how quaint. If you were alert and honest you would have noticed that I (and others) you choose to label as junta supporters, junta lovers, junta huggers have made it very clear the current situation is way less then  than ideal, and more,

But that doesn't align to your purposes, that's clear. 

You refer to an incident when the BIB turned a blind eye to Arisman's escape and then you claim that the BIB are still under the control of Thaksin, despite the junta's unchecked power.  When I inquire about that you get all defensive and blustery. To me, that shows you cannot really back up that claim.

Don't know what's that got to do with me criticizing whatever the junta leader is focused on, which these days seems to be stopping/jailing anyone pursuing the facts regarding a certain missing plaque, which IMHO further shows he should be focusing on getting the eff out of the government offices. 

And that also answers your question about which way I want it.