Mystery 70 year old Green Mango raver

Went back to Green Mango recently and the same guy I saw 5 years ago was on stage doing the same dance - the old boy must be in his 70s always in smart trousers and a nicely ironed shirt - always on stage doing the same dance whilst techno is blaring out around him .. anyone know this chaps backstory? Would love to think he's a forum contributor - all the Thai girls know him and the tourists love him he must be clearing up in there - someone said he was Swiss .. anyone know of him ?

He used to be in Sound Club every night until it closed. Always up on stage at the far back left corner, always with the same moves. As much as some people laugh at him, you have to have respect for the guy, still having the energy and inclination at his age.

I was in Green Mango / Reggae Pub 15-30 years ago and there was a guy 20 years older than me and he did the same. Maybe he? 

I was also at the night life high spots of Bangkok end of the 80s. And there was a Farang, about 30 years older than me, who came every night, stayed not longer than 15 minutes and went on to the next bar. Everyone knew him, everyone liked him, the girls, the expats, the toilet people ... from Patpong, Nana, Therme etc.

I have heard, that he is still alive and there and doing exactly the same.  

Edited by Birdman

12 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

KhunPer?

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ops, might be guilty as charged...:shock1:

–Yes, I may be the one one (mis)leading the Green Mango-kids...:smile:

12 hours ago, Crowes said:

I saw this guy last time in Green Mango and could only laugh. I wish I was as care free as he is. I kinda figured he was on something, but if he's doing to sober, more power to him.

Yes, have to admit I'm "on something" – but I never drink alcohol, when out for a night-in-town, I'm supposed to drive safely back home – I'm "on" the one Red Bull that gives me wings, and plain water...:whistling:

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Ops, might be guilty as charged...:shock1:

–Yes, I may be the one one (mis)leading the Green Mango-kids...:smile:

Yes, have to admit I'm "on something" – but I never drink alcohol, when out for a night-in-town, I'm supposed to drive safely back home – I'm "on" the one Red Bull that gives me wings, and plain water...:whistling:

lol absolute legend I knew it would be someone on this forum 

On 4/23/2017 at 3:04 AM, khunPer said:

LOL, glad you're on here and having fun!

"I have heard, that he is still alive and there and doing exactly the same."

Doing what?....you say he came into a bar in BKK, stayed 15 minutes, then left and went into the next bar.

There a "pub crawlers" all over the world (I used to be one myself)?