Yamaha Fino Oil Level Check ?

Daffy D

Anybody know what levels the oil should be on a 10 year old Fino?

There's a couple of filler points I can see, one under the main engine, which I imagine is for engine/gearbox and one on the rear hub. The engine one has a dipstick of sorts but no indication of level required and the rear hub just opens up to a hole which suggests that the oil level should be up to the top, but I doubt that could be right.  :shock1:

Have done a search but seems Finos were only sold in Thailand so had no luck in finding any info in English.

Help - Pretty Please  :smile:

SAM_1135.jpg.e38542744472bf7e00739a0c3a7c0a92.jpg   SAM_1134.jpg.b97aa558b90bdb8206285fb1b42d44b2.jpg

8 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

I usually do oil changes at motocy shops.... for the extra 30 baht why worry?

Ya.

If you recently acquired bike and don't know history 

could get both engine and rear drive changed/checked pretty cheap.

Engine oil is changed every few thousand K,

but rear can go loooong time//

because doesn't get hot and break down.

If you look closely there should be an area on the dip stick which is not smooth, i.e. some sort of crisscross pattern. Correct max. level is when this area is fully immersed in oil.

As for the drive, the amount is just a small bottle of gear oil, about 50cc, which is often sold together with the 800cc engine oil as a set (e.g. Tesco).

Change both at the same time in 3000 km intervals.

Here is the manual for a Yamaha Tricity. Whilst not exactly the same model the oil change info is the same. Pages 6-10 and 6-11

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmYWlzMWkPhQWNjb21Uc3JDclU/view

The rear gear oil will come in a small bottle if you buy it from Yamaha. But as has been said take it to a nearby mechanic and they will do it for you . It is very simple. 

21 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

says Vino, but prolly same thing

Probably some plonk drinkers might notice a difference  :shock1:

Sorry but totally different model, not like mine at all :sad:

57 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Here is the manual for a Yamaha Tricity. Whilst not exactly the same model the oil change info is the same. Pages 6-10 and 6-11

Thanks, different but same same enough for what I needed :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, papa al said:

If you recently acquired bike and don't know history 

could get both engine and rear drive changed/checked pretty cheap.

Wife's bike and had it since new, about 10 years. I never bothered about it much just left it to her to get serviced. I just paid for any parts as is the norm. She's up North with the kids and car to visit family so as the only wheels left for me while she's away so I've taken a slight interest in the bike.

Does seem like it needs an overdue service. 

Added to my ToDo list

:smile:

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, papa al said:

Take it to car wash for detail job too.

Make her happy.

When she first had the bike it would get regular clean. Over the years this early enthusiasm has diminished somewhat to the point where the bike has reached a level of being dirty where it does not seem to get any dirtier no matter how long it's left, so we seem to opted for that option.  :thumbsup:

Doubt getting it cleaned for her return would make her happy, more likely suspicious that I had been up to something :shock1: