Paid Holidays In Thailand

Hi ... I think it varys vastly on the company and how 'Westernised' they are. It's going to be interesting to hear what other companies here offer their staff - the company I work for only offered seven days paid holiday per year for staff during their first year of employment - I have already increased that to 10, but what was also interesting for me is the allocation of 30 days paid sick leave. I can imagine that most of that allocation is used to within one or two of that number.

At my friends construction services company.

No holidays in the first year.

10 days holiday per year after that.

Yes they do take most of the 30 day sick leave , my friend usually ties any end of year bonus into how many taken.

Working for a government research institute, I enjoy 15 days paid holidays (but wouldn't mind more :o ), and 15 days paid sick leave.

My wife has 10 days paid holidays as a university lecturer, I don't know about her sick leave.

Something I like in Thailand is that there seems to be always a bank holiday weekend around the corner.

when the gf was working at carrefour as cashier the annual leave was 6 days!!!. good place to shop ,terrible place to work.any shortfall in the till at the end of the day is taken off the wages, if your till is up however you dont keep it ,it goes to the fat bosses in france lol.