Qatar Airways to Bangkok

thecolonel

i have only used Emirates and mostly Etihad to get from Manchester to BKK and am now thinking of trying Qatar as Etihad are unusually expensive next week

Looking for any feedback re the connections airport etc especially from golfers taking their clubs....luggage allowance is a total of 30kg i believe(as per Emirates) not quite as good as Etihad who are 23kg plus golf bag of 15kg so 38kg

thanks

I know nothing about golf clubs but I flew from Bangkok recently with Qatar in business class and found them to be exceptionally good. Outward leg was on an A380 and the return will be on a B777. The B777 is older and doesnt have "pod" seats (they will be installing them on all B777s in the next 18 months), but there was masses of space. Food and drinks were excellent - better than many restaurants here - seat reclined fully and was fine, and that's about all I worry about. The business class lounge at Doha is also very good (good showers, good steak sandwich) and I see that you can get a free tour of Doha if you have time between flights, or you can add a city stopover for free. The price of my ticket was barely a 1/3rd of what it would normally have been as I got it in their sale, so that was a massive saving.

They get my vote.

42 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I know nothing about golf clubs but I flew from Bangkok recently with Qatar in business class and found them to be exceptionally good. Outward leg was on an A380 and the return will be on a B777.......

QA has to departures every evening from BKK. they usually use A380 in one of them !!!

As for the departure from Doha, they got 2 flights at the same time. sometimes 10/15 mns between, one on A380 and the other B777, and it just lands in Bkk and continues to Vietnam..... So if you want to fly in A380 , make sure you book the right flight.....

Qatar are good but the food which used to be ok, has really dropped off, last time i flew early morning departure from bkk , it was chicken sausage and then the next flight from Doha was chicken sausage. and as chickenlegs posted some good deals man/bkk/man with oman, as low as £338

6 hours ago, Los Luver said:

QA has to departures every evening from BKK. they usually use A380 in one of them !!!

As for the departure from Doha, they got 2 flights at the same time. sometimes 10/15 mns between, one on A380 and the other B777, and it just lands in Bkk and continues to Vietnam..... So if you want to fly in A380 , make sure you book the right flight.....

From the Qatar booking site. Some Monday in May.

(all flights seem to be daily)

BKK - DOH

4 flights, two flights with A380

BKKDOH.jpg

DOH - BKK

4 flights, only one in A380

dohbkk.jpg

Not from manchester I acknowledge but our flight from heathrow to doha their premium evening flight was put on remote stand last july and we were bussed to terminal not what we expected.

In addition the a330 on the route was the worst configuration tight seats  and entertainment boxes everywhere I have ever seen

The other 3 flights were fine I will add

Edited by Chivas

I have used QR Manchester Bangkok many times and also EY and EK. I would say QR would be the best out of those three airlines. They have upgraded me quite few times. Try and get the Dreamliner out of MAN and the A380 out DOH. 777 are fine and the A330's are ok if not packed out. 

EY only offer 23kg now so they are last choice. I believe EK offer only 23kg on their low st promo fares?  and QR are still doing 30kg. QR also offer an extra bag on top for something like $100 if you prebook.

They have carried bicycles for me many times with no damage, not even to the cardboard box. I arrived in Phuket once with a bike off the Qatar flight. Not a dent or tear on the cardboard box which is quite amazing. I checked onto an Air Asia flight to Chiang Mai a few hours later. The box arrived in Chiang Mai destroyed and held together with tape. The bike was scratched and bashed but otherwise ok.

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

From the Qatar booking site. Some Monday in May.

(all flights seem to be daily)

BKK - DOH

4 flights, two flights with A380

BKKDOH.jpg

DOH - BKK

4 flights, only one in A380

dohbkk.jpg

They do occasionally replace the A380 with a B777 for "operational reasons". I imagine that means either "not enough PAX to warrant an A380" or "A380 needed elsewhere".

Apart from the lack of pork, how exactly can you tell the difference between halal and non-halal when it's on the plate?

When they put on the menu it has been prepared to Islamic principles. You know the animal hasn't been stunned first. And has bled to die painfully and slowly whilst someone who follows an imaginary friend utters a load of nonsense at the poor beast.

Plus yes i love pork and bacon

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk