Applying for Non-B Visa / wp3

Hi,

So I need to apply for my Non-B visa. I had checked with the Visa Run Agency that I am still lacking the wp3 form letter.

I would like to ask, since I am staying in Bangkok already, can I still apply for wp3 since I will be applying the Non-B at the Thai Embassy Laos.

If yes, would 2 days be enough to get the wp3 letter? I am currently located at Rangsit.

Thanks

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your employer can apply for the work permit to get a a work permit application approval letter. They would apply using a WP2 form.

Not sure 2 days would be enough time.

Thanks!

So the employer had to apply for wp2 instead of wp3?

Because when I asked the Visa Run Agency, they specifically mentioned wp3.

Thank you

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

WP3 is what the receipt or letter is often called.

A WP3 application form can only be used if your are outside the country. A WP2 is used if you are in the country already.

So my employer will apply the wp2 application and they will be given the wp3 receipt/letter which will be used for the Embassy when applying for Non-B?

Edited by nix

25 minutes ago, nix said:

So my employer will apply the wp2 application and they will be given the wp3 receipt/letter which will be used for the Embassy when applying for Non-B?

28 minutes ago, nix said:

WP3 is what the receipt or letter is often called.

I will not be WP3 receipt. It will be a work permit application approval letter.

As I wrote the WP3 receipt is only done if you are outside the country already.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I will not be WP3 receipt. It will be a work permit application approval letter.

As I wrote the WP3 receipt is only done if you are outside the country already.

And the work permit application approval can be used in the Thai Embassy to apply my Non-B just like the wp3 letter?

thanks

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Possibly if you and your employer can meet the requirements. You would still need the proof your work permit has been applied for.

Requirements from Bangkok immigration website. change visa to non-b docs.pdf

Hi Ubonjoe,

Hi again, so I just had a talk with the officer who handles my application for my work permit/non-b visa.

He told me that, he already prepared all the documents to apply the Non-B Visa, however only 1 documents is mising, and that is the wp3 letter.

I had explain to him what we had discussed earlier in this thread that, he must apply using wp2 form. He explained that, he asked the ministry of labour what to do, and instructed him to apply for wp3 form and I must be out of Thailand when he applies for it.

He is asking me to leave Thailand for at least 10 days, so he can process that wp3 form and then I can apply for my visa.

I am now stuck with no option to go outside Thailand and wait until he finish applying for wp3, which is not really efficient imo.

How do I manage with my officer and explain things better? It seems that when he asked the ministry of labor, they did not inform to apply using wp2 form.

Thanks

Also, let say, I will flyout of Thailand and let my employer apply for the wp3 while I am out of Thailand, can I go back in Thailand even though the letter/receipt from the Ministry of Labour has not been issued yet.

What I plan to do now is to, do a visa run in Laos and get a 60 days (while I am in Laos, for a day, I will let my employer apply for the wp3) then come back in Thailand and wait for the receipt/letter from the Ministry of Labor. 

After receiving the letter/receipt, then I will proceed to Chaeng Wattana to change my visa into NON-B. 

*Note: 

I called 1111 and asked for the immigration department.

1. I asked if I can use the form wp2 to get the letter/receipt from Ministry of Labor - They said that I cannot, because wp2 form is for Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar only. They suggested me to apply for Non-B at Chaeng Wattana if I still have enough days, because they don't need the letter/receipt and after having the NON-B, go and apply wp1 form for the work permit.

Though I am a bit skeptical with the information. I would like to get a response from @ubonjoe who seems much reliable in this forum

Thank you

Edited by nix

You talked to the wrong people since immigration does not handle work permits.

I may of mixed up the form numbers but the WP1 form can be done with your here in the country. Many people have been able to do the application, get the approval letter and apply for the non-b visa.

It is a requirement that the work permit be applied for in order to change to a non immigrant visa. Number 6 on the list of the requirements is the approval letter but worded differently. 

6.An employment certification (the Labor Department’s application form)

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You talked to the wrong people since immigration does not handle work permits.

I may of mixed up the form numbers but the WP1 form can be done with your here in the country. Many people have been able to do the application, get the approval letter and apply for the non-b visa.

It is a requirement that the work permit be applied for in order to change to a non immigrant visa. Number 6 on the list of the requirements is the approval letter but worded differently. 

Hi,

Thank you. I might have talked to the wrong person in 1111.

I will insist and inform our officer again, to apply using the form wp1.

Would it be possible if I go and apply for that myself? just in case the officer insist that it cannot be done by that way.

*However, I asked a friend who works in the Ministry of Labor and she handles the work permit. Though she is in the province.

She suggested that I go out of the country and get the 60 days tourist visa then apply Non-B at Chaeng Wattana. 

I am trying to call the Ministry of Labor in Pathum Thani (where my work is based) to asked about the wp1 if I can apply for that, Though I get no luck for they do not speak english,

May I know what is the Thai of  "wp1 form" and the thai of "Approval Letter from Ministry of Labor / Receipt"

Thanks

55 minutes ago, nix said:

Hi,

Thank you. I might have talked to the wrong person in 1111.

I will insist and inform our officer again, to apply using the form wp1.

Would it be possible if I go and apply for that myself? just in case the officer insist that it cannot be done by that way.

*However, I asked a friend who works in the Ministry of Labor and she handles the work permit. Though she is in the province.

She suggested that I go out of the country and get the 60 days tourist visa then apply Non-B at Chaeng Wattana. 

I am trying to call the Ministry of Labor in Pathum Thani (where my work is based) to asked about the wp1 if I can apply for that, Though I get no luck for they do not speak english,

May I know what is the Thai of  "wp1 form" and the thai of "Approval Letter from Ministry of Labor / Receipt"

Thanks

Hi @ubonjoe,

I just had a talk with the officer, he said, according to his information, in order to apply for wp1 form - I must have a Non-B Visa first.

Can you confirm and check his claim? Please?

Thank you

9 minutes ago, nix said:

I just had a talk with the officer, he said, according to his information, in order to apply for wp1 form - I must have a Non-B Visa first.

The application can be done without a non-b visa. The work permit will not be issued until you have the non-b.

Who is the officer you are writing about?

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The application can be done without a non-b visa. The work permit will not be issued until you have the non-b.

Who is the officer you are writing about?

He is the company's HR officer and in charge to take care of visa works.

Though I have a feeling that he is not reliable or experienced enough. He keeps mentioning the Labor Department said that .. blah blah..

So I would like to confirm it myself. However, when I called the Ministry of Labor in Rangsit, no one can understand me.

I would like to know what is the Thai for "wp1 form" and "Approval letter from ministry of labor".

If someone could just call the Ministry of Labor at Pathum Thani, and confirm that they can use wp1 and the letter/receipt will be issued, without a non-b. it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Edit note* I also called the 1111 and asked about this, and they provided the same information as our HR Officer. Though they're immigration again, I am still skeptic on the information they provide.

Can you please check on this mr @ubonjoe

Edited by nix

Hi @ubonjoe,

I just called the department of employment, and they informed me that I won't be able to apply for WP1 if I do not have a NON-B Visa.

Can you please please help me if there are things that are not right?

You mentioned that the application wp1 can be done without a non-b visa and people have done it before already to obtain their Non-B VIsa.

Can you please kindy clarify this? I need help

Thank you.

16 hours ago, nix said:

Can you please kindy clarify this? I need help

I can do more than pass on the info that the majority of work permit offices will accept the WP1 application and give a approval letter or receipt for it without having a non-b visa. If you are dealing with an office that refuse to do it you may have to leave for a WP3 to be done.

• 2 months later...

Hi, guys. I am working in Thailand now as an engineer. Gonna change a company, so need to get a new non-B visa. New company told me that to make wp3 form I have to close my present work permit and visa, go out from Thailand and after they will send me wp3 form by post and I can get new non-b visa. Is it correct procedure? I need to go out from Thailand and wait for wp3 form abroad?