Proof of onward journey when applying for Thai Visa in Vientiane?

I found a Visa application form for the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, as I will go there to get a new Visa soon. I was under the impression that a flight ticket or other proof of onward journey was required when applying for the Visa, but the application form doesn't mention any such thing at all.

So do I still need to provide a ticket at the Embassy?

If no, do I need to provide it at the border (Friendship bridge) when entering Thailand?

Or all/neither of the above?

Note that I mean "what are the legal requirements", not "Well I entered Thailand without a ticket 50 times and had no problems"...

A ticket out of the country is not required in Vientiane to apply for a single entry tourist visa.

Same when entering the country. If you have a valid visa of any kind for entry to the country a ticket out is not required.

• Like 2

I was at Vientiane embassy applying for TV 3 weeks ago.Other than passport photos,1000 Baht, filled out form(which by the way is new and has some color in it-the one I downloaded from Thai visa.com was useless) and copies of passport info page plus Lao visa and entrance stamp were all you needed.Go late(after 10 am):Queue a lot shorter then.

13 hours ago, revgreen said:

Do they accept ALL people who show up before they close (12pm)? Or do they have a cutoff so that no one is there past 12pm?

If you are inside the gates  by11:30 am and get a number your application will be processed on that day.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are inside the gates  by11:30 am and get a number your application will be processed on that day.

These days, Vientiane does not use a number system when submitting the application. When they accept your application, they give you a number to reflect your position in the queue for collection. I believe, unless it was a particularly busy day, if you had a completed form with photo, and all the necessary copies, you would be able to enter and submit your application up to the 12:00 pm deadline. That said, there is no way I would deliberately cut things that fine.

According to the consular section webpage the deadline is 11:30.

เปิดรับคำร้องขอวีซ่าตั้งแต่วันจันทร์-ศุกร์ ระหว่างเวลา 8.30-11.30 น.

Translation:  Visa applications are open from Monday to Friday between 8.30-11.30 hrs.

Source: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/consular/visa.php

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

These days, Vientiane does not use a number system when submitting the application. When they accept your application, they give you a number to reflect your position in the queue for collection. I believe, unless it was a particularly busy day, if you had a completed form with photo, and all the necessary copies, you would be able to enter and submit your application up to the 12:00 pm deadline. That said, there is no way I would deliberately cut things that fine.

That is correct.Hopefully,though, they will realize soon that the old number system was much better and revert to it.Then when you arrive at the embassy you get your number , sit down and fill out the form and wait for your number to be called instead of standing /walking/writing in line, watching a tattooed Russian woman doing several queue jump to get from the back of the line to near the front.

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

That is correct.Hopefully,though, they will realize soon that the old number system was much better and revert to it.Then when you arrive at the embassy you get your number , sit down and fill out the form and wait for your number to be called instead of standing /walking/writing in line, watching a tattooed Russian woman doing several queue jump to get from the back of the line to near the front.

I like the way how it is now, since I don't have to fill any forms. I use a visa run company.