San Pa Tong Chiang Mai - cheaper rentals around???

Siam Dingo

Does anyone know of a small house/townhouse around the San Pa Tong / Hang Dong area, preferably 5km radius to the Esso gas station on Hang Dong Rd.  Around the 3000 - 4000 ฿ price range. Looking for long term, 12 minimum lease. Furnished or unfurnished, old or new, as long as I can connect internet. Have references if needed and I am a full time English Teacher in the area.

hmmm let me see. You are looking to spend about $85 USD a month for lodging. I guess you spend the saving because "As a chocolatier myself, I have looked around CM for high quality couveture chocolate." I'm always astonished that somebody can live in hovel unfurnished or furnished. Dog boarding is more than that.

I think you could get a smaller TH IN sanpatong for less than 5000...take yellow out there and look.  Sanpatong seems to be the red headed stepson of CM... start talking about dog meat, cock fighting, moonshining, polygamy, etc..and Sanpatong will frequently be mentioned.  Probably nicer than most of Sansai.  Seen some townhomes in need of work for under 200k on the KTB website.  Why not just a studio?  Some cheap apartments around Dognbone....or try around HD market.

cmtg1 -  Yes, thanks for your information Einstein.

What has my previous 18 year career got to do with looking for a 'shack' in San Pa Tong?

I'm astonished that some can't make a hovel into a home without make up and glitter, princess...

You have no idea of other people's life and misfortune, so you should keep your pathetic keyboad worrior skills elsewhere.

cheers

Siam Dingo 

Lamphun has good standard 2 bedroom detached bungalows for 3000-4000B/month. It is just about equidistant from Chiangmai as San Patong and has Makro, Big C, 2 cinemas, a small shopping mall with several restaurants including (as of May 1st) a Duke's, numerous outdoors bars and restaurants (full of mid 20s to mid 30s factory workers looking for fun), three nightclubs open until the early hours, endless coffee shops......

Why anyone would think San Patong, with its Big C, and Lao Khao stalls, would be more expensive is beyond me.

edit: Siam Dingo, Chakhaam School in Lamphun are looking for 4 ESL teachers, 34,000B/month.

Edited by naboo

7 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

10-4...you got the right idea...might as well live out there for less and avoid the traffic.  Avoid all the wanquers around KSK, etc..plenty of good shopping out there.  Nothing notable to miss anymore in the old city, LK, or otherwise.  

what a silly thing to say "nothing notable to miss in the old city" I love when people who can't afford to live in the "old city" knock it. Not everybody wants your life style to live at student housing at suthep. 

4000 baht around San Patong will get you a proper home not a "shack" . It could be small townhouse, a one story concrete bungalow type house. You could even end up with a garden. It could be very pleasant. I know the OP has said he doesn't use a motorbike but cruising around the roads and sois is a good way to find something.  When you stop for some eat or a drink at a mom and pop shop ask the locals also. 

Closer in town there will be the regular "room for rent" . Could be a largish room with a bathroom newly built with wifi and within budget. This is not a "shack" either. 

A "shack" or very very basic place will cost less than 1000 baht a month in the countryside.

16 hours ago, naboo said:

Lamphun has good standard 2 bedroom detached bungalows for 3000-4000B/month. It is just about equidistant from Chiangmai as San Patong and has Makro, Big C, 2 cinemas, a small shopping mall with several restaurants including (as of May 1st) a Duke's, numerous outdoors bars and restaurants (full of mid 20s to mid 30s factory workers looking for fun), three nightclubs open until the early hours, endless coffee shops......

Why anyone would think San Patong, with its Big C, and Lao Khao stalls, would be more expensive is beyond me.

edit: Siam Dingo, Chakhaam School in Lamphun are looking for 4 ESL teachers, 34,000B/month.

Hi, my name is Stewart I am interested in the teaching job and would like to apply. Do you have the contact details for this school, i.e. the phone number,  the name of person to contact and an email address,

Edited by Rimmer
email removed fro your own protection agianst spambots, please use PM system, thank you.

1 hour ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

4000 baht around San Patong will get you a proper home not a "shack" . It could be small townhouse, a one story concrete bungalow type house. You could even end up with a garden. It could be very pleasant. I know the OP has said he doesn't use a motorbike but cruising around the roads and sois is a good way to find something.  When you stop for some eat or a drink at a mom and pop shop ask the locals also. 

Closer in town there will be the regular "room for rent" . Could be a largish room with a bathroom newly built with wifi and within budget. This is not a "shack" either. 

A "shack" or very very basic place will cost less than 1000 baht a month in the countryside.

Yeah there are a few online similar to what you describe, but as online things work here, they are not available by the time you call the land lord.

I just used the term 'shack' rather than a hovel as quoted by another poster on this topic. Of course a home would be comfortable but in all honesty, I'm not marterialistic and do not need much for comfortable living.

Cheers

Siam Dingo

8 hours ago, cmtg1 said:

what a silly thing to say "nothing notable to miss in the old city" I love when people who can't afford to live in the "old city" knock it. Not everybody wants your life style to live at student housing at suthep. 

Seems as though you know so much about every ones life and the way they choose to live. I doubt someone like yourself could actually define what "a silly thing to say" would be . Maybe you just don't follow the OP as it has nothing that mentions anything or anyone not being able to afford or not afford to living in the old city, nor does it mention about student housing at Suthep.

Maybe you could get a translator if you do not follow the context of the OP.

Yeah, forget San Patong. There is absolutely nothing to do there. You couldn't pay me to live there.

Lamphun is a very large Province with lots going on. 3-4K is the absolute bottom of the price range, but as another member pointed out - you could find a small house there and be around a lot of factory workers. There are plenty of bars, restaurants, clubs, that cater to them. Not too bad in Lamphun actually.

A post using over size bold font and another using bold font has been removed.  Please use the default forum font when posting:

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

5 hours ago, elektrified said:

Yeah, forget San Patong. There is absolutely nothing to do there. You couldn't pay me to live there.

Lamphun is a very large Province with lots going on. 3-4K is the absolute bottom of the price range, but as another member pointed out - you could find a small house there and be around a lot of factory workers. There are plenty of bars, restaurants, clubs, that cater to them. Not too bad in Lamphun actually.

I'm on board with you . Lamphun will be his cup of tea. a small motor scooter to get around=problem solved

3 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Try looking at Chiang Mai properties , plenty of cheap houses for 4.500 in Hangdong for rent.

Good luck

Thanks mate. I have been on internet non stop, but there actually not anything available or they are old postings.

Cheers

Siam Dingo